Search This Blog

Saints & Sinners Masquerade Bash

>> Tuesday, November 8, 2011

One of the perks of working in advertising is some of the amazing events we get to attend, and even better when it's done in trade. Our small agency was recently given a generous bunch of tickets to a Saints & Sinners Masquerade Bash in exchange for designing the print collateral for the fundraising event.

When I found out the date and theme of the event, I immediately called up my neighborhood ladies and invited them all to attend.  Great band, free food and open bar - it wasn't a hard sell:)  The event was last Thursday night, so Mr. was already out of town for the LSU @ Alabama game {days before the actual game, which I don't have much to say about} but I tried not to let that bring me down!

I found a sinfully, amazing red dress and put on my highest high heels for the night out! The band was Bag of Doughnuts out of New Orleans, and I don't think I've danced so much since my wedding.  Sad, but true! It was totally a night to remember, and one that will never let me look at tea lights without cracking up again:)

Being the responsible ladies that we are, we hired a couple of babysitters for the kiddos and a couple of drivers for the adults.  Best decision ever, by the way.  It was much cheaper than taking a cab home and we didn't have to leave our cars anywhere! 

Snap shot before we left the house, loved my dress!
The band from our private balcony viewing area
The Villas Krewe
My date for the night, and partner in tea light stealing crime:)

Love these ladies:)
No night is complete without a group shot with the band, and our tea light:)
We got home in the late hours of the night, which made for a rough day at work on Friday.  Being a slightly hungover and ridiculously tired single momma was not fun, but oh so worth it!
The kiddos all snoozing away in Jackson's big boy bed:)
Photobucket

5 comments:

Lant Family November 8, 2011 at 12:12 PM  

How fun! I love girls night out, they are the best.

Allie November 8, 2011 at 8:47 PM  

love the dress mama!! AND the cuteness of all the kiddos passed out in bed!! haha! Looks like a fun night!!

Jennifer November 10, 2011 at 10:31 PM  

That dress is amazing!! You truly look stunning. Good for you for having a great time, and in a responsible way...lol. I am sure the kids had just as great of a time together :)

Becki Moore November 16, 2011 at 7:45 PM  

You are gorgeous and that dress is amazing!

Becki Moore November 16, 2011 at 7:46 PM  

You are gorgeous and that dress is amazing!!

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails