Search This Blog

Jurassic Jack

>> Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I hope y'all had a great Halloween, I love seeing all the posts with your kiddos all dressed up. Even though I hate to dress in costume, Halloween is one of my favorite holidays to celebrate. I guess that's why I was so excited we got to do Trick-or-Treat twice this year!

Our neighborhood community had Trick-or-Treat on Saturday night, and the front part of our neighborhood hosted on Halloween night. It really worked out well since Jackson was too sick last year, so we made up for lost time:)

I made a deal with Jackson one weekend in Target that if he'd stop throwing a fit so CPS wouldn't get called on us dress up as the Cowardly Lion one night, he could be Jurassic Jack for Halloween.  I started to get a little nervous as Trick-or-Treat got closer, and my toddler seemed to forget our little deal.  But, with the help of a little candy, the dino costume was completely forgotten about on Saturday night!

Jurassic Jack - ROAR!
already eating some candy:)
ROAR'ing to scare away the birds flying over the pond
True to my word, I let Jackson dress up again on Monday and we loaded the wagon on a mission to get more candy.  I was so surprised that Jackson didn't get more into character, but he was so funny walking around with his strap-on-dino! He is so social and knows no stranger, which is a little scary.  The more ghosts and pumpkins and Frankenstein costumes he saw, the more he wanted to stay and visit with each house.  He may or may not have come home with a pumpkin or two in addition to the bag full of treats.  Who can turn down a dino roaring for pumpkins:)
Momma & Jackson self portrait on the back porch

Never without an airplane in hand:)
Pouncing the pumpkins with his friends
Hey look, you're a dino too - RAWR!
Thanks for the sucker, I'll be back next year for more candy:)
It makes my heart so happy to see my little man growing up to have such personality and character.  I am so thankful that he'll still cuddle up in my arms at the end of the day and want his momma, otherwise I'd be a basket case for sure!
Photobucket

4 comments:

mama foosa November 2, 2011 at 1:07 PM  

what a stinkin cute little dino!

Lea Liz November 2, 2011 at 7:24 PM  

Oh my goodness that is the cutest dinosaur costume ever!!! Of course it has a cutie wearing it!!

Jennifer November 3, 2011 at 1:33 PM  

He looks adorable!! It is so fun at this age to watch them develop their on personalities. He sure is all boy, roar-ing away and bouncing in the inflatable pumpkins :)

Jennifer November 4, 2011 at 6:59 AM  

I am dying over here -- that costume is so cute! I'm glad you had a Happy Halloween x2!

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails