Search This Blog

Blood work updates

>> Monday, December 5, 2011

I finally got the results back from my cycle day 3 blood work, taken a couple of weeks ago.  I called and spoke to the office nurse, which I'm not too thrilled about. I understand that we haven't started an official cycle with them yet, but the nurse did a poor job of selling me on our next step and explaining the results.  I have it on my list to call back and speak with our RE for a better understanding.

I've also been out of the RE lingo loop for a few years now, so I'm not fresh as to what these acronyms or numbers really mean - nor have I had the time to really look them up and over analyze everything.

FSH: 6.96
LH: 8.25
Estradiol: 26
Ovarian reserve test: scored a 16, which indicates they would be able to retrieve 5 eggs through IVF. The nurse said this is a "good" score.

I asked her about PCOS, since both the RE and ultrasound tech said that I had a text book PCOS ultrasound. She said that these results were not indicative of that and our next step would have to be a HSG test before we could cycle.

As for now, my thoughts and feelings are strongly leaning towards trying on our own for a few more months and re-visiting with the RE if we're not successful. Knowing that my ovarian reserve score was good lifted a HUGE weight off my shoulders. And while I want another child and for Jackson to have a little brother (or sister), I don't feel like I'm fighting against time or my biological clock.  Don't get me wrong, it's ticking, but I feel more in control of it's pace now.

I know this may sound crazy, but I'm suddenly at peace with giving it more time and not rushing into injecting myself full of hormones.  Something has clicked for me lately and I know that God has a bigger plan.  I am totally putting this in his hands and know that everything happens for a reason.

I may need to come back to this post a time or two, but right now I'm letting go and letting God - and I mean it this time:)
Photobucket

6 comments:

Amy December 5, 2011 at 2:05 PM  

I wish you lots of luck! :)

Jennifer December 5, 2011 at 5:55 PM  

Wow...that lingo is all greek to me.. lol. I think you are in a good place with the whole situation. Seems as though you are calmer and have a good attitude. I think it will happen naturally....just have fun trying ;-)

KJJ Houston December 5, 2011 at 7:21 PM  

Ya I think you should for sure try it out for a few months!!

Lisa December 9, 2011 at 8:20 AM  

Just not getting here to read your update, and glad that your results came back good. I have very PCOS like ovaries, even my RE always mentions that, but do not have the textbook "PCOS" diagnosis.

Glad you got that out of the way, and either way you go, I think you have the right outlook on things!! Love you Momma :)

Blair December 11, 2011 at 2:13 PM  

I just came to your blog from a comment you left on my blog a few months back (sorry I never commented back! Life is a bit crazy at times, though that is no excuse).

I am sure if you are aware of this, but both Charlotte and Robert are fertility babies. Robert was really a struggle, but now that we have him, I can see God's planning was better than anything I could have dreamed up!

I wrote a blog of our struggles to conceive (www.mayflowerseed.blogspot.com) if you would like to read it. I hope it brings you some comforting words.

Good luck and I will be praying for you!

Becki Moore December 14, 2011 at 12:13 AM  

Let go and Let God.. so hard to do but so wise! You're still on my prayer list, Momma!

I gave your blog a little award today on my blog. ;)

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails