Search This Blog

Baby 2.0: It's a GIRL!!!

>> Saturday, July 21, 2012

Words cannot even begin to describe the emotions that we went through yesterday as we found of the gender of our sweet baby 2.0.

Up until about a week ago, I was borderline thinking boy/girl...and leaning more towards a little boy. In fact, when my sister was last in town I even had my mom buy "Baby Ben's" coming home outfit.

Fast forward to this week and I started to get that gut feeling that 2.0 was actually a girl! I think it was a combination of Jackson becoming so insistent that he was having a baby sister and really noticing how different my body looks with this pregnancy.  With Jackson, I grew much wider before outward.

When we got to the ultrasound Jackson immediately started telling everyone we were here to see his baby sister.  He even pointed to the baby girl pictures on the wall and called them baby sister.  Before we walked into the actual room, he touched my tummy and said come on baby sister.  Talk about melt my heart.  I looked at Mr. and told him that we were in serious trouble if this wasn't a baby sister!

We quickly got set up in the room and it wasn't long before we were told the gender of our baby.  Mr. shouted out that he saw a penis and I kind of thought I did too, but it looked so different then what I remembered Jackson's ultrasound to look...and that is when Mr. was corrected that what he was looking at was not a penis, but his daughter!

Oh.my.goodness.

Mr. turned a white as a ghost and stayed that way through the evening.  I shed a tear of joy as I realized how much I wanted a daughter.  Jackson looked at us both like we were crazy because he knew all along!

Everything looked great on the ultrasound, she is a healthy baby girl weighing 5oz.  She measured one day ahead, and has extremely long legs! 

The night before I had a dream about Jackson holding a bunch of pink balloons, so I felt the urge to make my dream come true:)

We can't wait to meet our daughter, Matilda Jayne "Mattie Jayne" Wilson.  She will be named after my great-grandma and mom.




Photobucket

9 comments:

Unknown July 21, 2012 at 2:18 PM  

Yay!! I am so excited for you! Love the last pic!

Sarah July 21, 2012 at 2:52 PM  

Yay for baby girls!!! And I LOVE the name!

Amy July 21, 2012 at 7:10 PM  

ah, yay!!! How exciting! I love the comments that Jackson was making, so sweet and it just gets better when they are here :)I love, love her name, that was one of my top baby girl names!!! Congrats, momma!!

Kelly July 21, 2012 at 9:58 PM  

this is amazing news..........congrats to you and your beautiful family. LOVE the name

Lea Liz July 22, 2012 at 7:28 AM  

Oh my goodness!! Congratsulations Momma!! A sweet baby girl!!! Jackson knew all along, huh?

Have fun buying all those cute pink firlly things!!!!

Anonymous,  July 22, 2012 at 10:50 AM  

Congratulations!! There is something so special about a big brother having a little sister to protect! I know Jackson will take care of little Matilda (LOVE the name!)She will bring so much joy and sparkle to your lives!

Val July 23, 2012 at 8:22 AM  

Congratulations on your baby girl!! Glad that everything looked great on the ultrasound.

Unknown July 23, 2012 at 9:07 AM  

Ahh! Congrats!! So happy for y'all :)

Jennifer July 30, 2012 at 10:28 PM  

Yeah!!! Congrats Momma! I am so excited for you. Your family will now be complete with a son and a daughter. I think that it will be awesome to see the difference in raising a boy vs. a girl. And I love the name. So happy for you!

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails