Search This Blog

Let it snow!

>> Thursday, December 11, 2008

As many of you know, I am a Midwestern girl transplanted to South Louisiana almost 5 years ago. I absolutely love the South, but it is very hard to get in the holiday spirit when it's 70 degrees outside. Last night was the coldest night I have ever experienced since living down here. Mr. Wilson and I laid on the couch and had a warm, toasty fire. Before we went to bed I told him how I wish that just once I could wake up and see our rooftop covered in snow. There is nothing more beautiful to me!

Well, this morning Mr. Wilson came running into the bedroom (I need a lot of sleep and Mr. Wilson does not) and told me to get my butt out of bed. For this first time in 5 years, I woke up to snow covering the rooftops - and my poor daisies! They say this hasn't happened in South Louisiana in quite some time:)

The neighborhood was so fun this morning, we all gathered on our driveways taking pictures in our pajamas. There were even a few snowball thrown!









0 comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails