Search This Blog

A peak at me as a working momma

>> Friday, November 6, 2009

This blog has been primarily devoted to my life as a mommy (and my journey making me one), but being a mom is only half of me. I also work full-time at an advertising agency on the account service side of things. Coming back to work after having Jackson was hard, and I do miss him terribly during the day. But, I have a GREAT sitter that comes to my house everyday and she loves my son. When I am at home with Jackson I cherish every minute with him and have learned that listening to him babble is way more important than having a clean house. Now that I've been back to work for a few months we finally have a routine and Jackson is developing such a little personality.

I feel very blessed that I have been able to exclusively feed Jackson breast milk. I nurse when I am home and pump bottles for him while I'm at work. I nurse Jackson in the morning before I get ready for work. He goes back to sleep until 9-10 and has a bottle with the sitter. They play and hang out until Jackson takes a little nap around noon. He eats again around 2 and repeat - play, nap and wait for mommy and daddy to get home. I pump twice at work, around 10 and again around 2 so that I'm ready to nurse Jackson as soon as I get home from work. After he nurses, we hang out and play until 8. Then its bath, boob and to bed! I never knew how much "easier" life would be once we got Jackson on a routine. I wish I would have done this sooner!

Anyway, back to my work life... We have an office blog and I posted this last week and wanted to share it with you all. I find the video to be amazing, and you don't have to be in advertising to think so!

*For privacy I am not going to link this to our agency.
Quantifying social media's impact
I don’t know about the rest of you, but to me, change can often feel quite uncomfortable. To a creature of habit, such as myself, a change in something as seemingly trivial as my morning routine tends to throw off my entire day. And with a new baby in my home, all bets are off.

As fast as my life changes every day, I feel like the way we communicate is changing even faster. My 4-month-old son “knows” his grandpa as the face displayed on my laptop during bath time Skype sessions. My friends and family now keep up-to-date by visiting the family blog rather than by picking up a phone. I get diaper coupons through my Facebook page instead of via snail mail. I read product reviews not on the actual product’s webpage but on personal websites.

So when I viewed the following YouTube video while sitting in a client meeting, I can’t say I was terribly surprised by the statistics. It only leaves me with one question: Are you up for the challenge of change?

1 comments:

Mike and Kirsten November 6, 2009 at 4:14 PM  

Very interesting video! The statistics are amazing...I was just reading a newspaper article which discussed "What is next after Facebook/Twitter?" Guess we'll see... :) Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails