Search This Blog

Pre-Baby Weight vs. Post-Baby Body

>> Monday, November 23, 2009

I've finally done it, I am back to my pre-baby weight! I gained a total of about 40 pounds during my pregnancy, and anywhere from 5-10 pounds from fertility drugs before I got pregnant... thank you clomid.

After I had Jackson, the first 20 pounds pretty much fell off. The next 10 pounds took a few weeks, and I lost another 5 when I came back to work. The last 5 were the hardest to shed, especially since I cannot diet or exercise (to lose weight) while I am still breast feeding. I'm good for about two days and then my supply plummets!

So here I am back to my pre-baby weight, but my body is different. My tummy is flat and I didn't get any stretch marks. But, my hips are much wider, so my old pants don't fit without a major muffin top! Before I got pregnant I was a 34B (okay probably closer to an 34A). Now I'm a 36D, not sure what they will shrivel back to after I stop nursing... but I'm enjoying them while I have them:) Before I was a size 2/4, now I'm comfortably a 6 (again to avoid the muffin top).

I wouldn't trade my muffin top in for the world, Jackson is worth every pound and I couldn't be happier with my mommy body! The real test will be keeping these 5 pounds off over the holidays:)

3 comments:

Ange November 23, 2009 at 12:28 PM  

Congrats!! That is such a great feeling!

Kristy Sola November 23, 2009 at 3:35 PM  

Thats the best to be back to normal weight but I know what you mean about your body being different. I was laughing at your comment about enjoying your "baby Nursers" (haha, I dont know whats appropriate to say on blogger so thatll be the term) while they are so huge cause although I feel like a gigantic beast right now my "baby nursers" are awesome and its fun to have them while they're here.

Tim and Heather November 26, 2009 at 7:57 PM  

yikes! Kristen, i've been reminiscing (spellling?) my "skinny" pics lately thinking "wow, I really looked pretty good"... pre-baby and even my first few baby bump pics. Oh, after twins I'm afraid it'll never go back! *Sigh*

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails