Search This Blog

Life Lately

>> Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Since we moved in with my parents last month, my little family of three has gone through some ups and downs. We have our own space, and bedrooms, and are certainly not living out of suitcases - but, it's just not the same as being at home.

Mr. refuses to enter into my mom's laundry room in fear of drying or washing something wrong. Jackson asks for Pop about a 150,000 times a day and has re-named Loli, Ya-ya. The dishwasher is like a space machine that we've yet to figure out and are cursed for putting a dirty cup into almost completed wash cycle about as frequently as Jackson asks for Pop.

I say all of this with a smile on my face because really, we are thankful to have my parents and the luxuries of their home. Every Thursday the maid comes and cleans our space and bathroom. Countless hours are spent lounging by their beautiful pool. Evening walks have been replaced with golf cart rides that make my heart happy. Laundry is folded faster than I can remember that I even started a load of wash. And Jackson loves his Loli Ya-ya and Pop to pieces and it's nice to have extra hands.

Happy boy on his ride!
My happy little family, and Momma's back as a blonde:)
All in all - I'd say the pros of living with my parents far outweigh the cons - which is a very good thing since I'm not sure when our house will ever be done!
My new laundry room, which Mr. will be using;)



The builder is finishing up the hardwood floors this week. The fence is almost complete and the appliances are in. However, we have a long list of "punch-list" items that have yet to be touched. So, we're not counting on closing until we return from St. John.  I had hoped to be unpacked and ready for a vacation before our trip, but instead it looks like I'll be resting up for the big move when we return.

Work has just been absolutely insane and I see no end in sight.  Jackson says a new word everyday and his little voice is too cute for words.  Mr. and I have worked through some issues and are in a much better place.  I attempted potty training for a day, but we're just not ready for this yet.

Jackson got a new bike since his is at the back of our storage unit.  He's starting to figure it all out.  Oh and we've been on the Medifast diet for a little over a month now.  I'm down 8lbs., and Mr. is down 20lbs.! Hello beach babes:)

Did I mention how much love and joy these two handsome men bring into my life?!?
Happy Wednesday loves:)

P.S. Jackson will be 2 in less then a month, how did this happen?!?
Photobucket

5 comments:

Jamie May 18, 2011 at 11:08 AM  

your house is beautiful and the hardwood floors are gorgeous! love the dark wood!

oh my goodness, i know exactly what you are talking about. we lived with michael's mom, brother and sister before we moved to ohio. things went from great to horrible fast! we had our own space as well but it was not healthy for so many adults to be living under 1 roof. yikes. i'm shaking just thinking about it! ha!! I hope work calms down for you and jackson is more adorable then ever!

Lindsey B May 18, 2011 at 11:24 AM  

The house is so beautiful! And, I don't know where you found 8 pounds to lose!

Hoping things are finished timely so you can return to your little family of 3!

Anonymous,  May 18, 2011 at 12:05 PM  

those hardwood floors are gorgeous! it'll all be well worth the wait. and what a great sounding vacation coming up!

our little guy turns 2 on friday. it's unbelievable, but so much fun!

Lant Family May 18, 2011 at 1:06 PM  

I am not sure you had 8 pounds to loose! I am not sure how you can live with your parents. I am sure it is such a huge blessing but I would not be able to take it. I love my space and my things the way I like them :) I am sure knowing there is an end is something that keeps you positive. Your vacation sounds so nice. I would love to be laying on a beach somewhere soaking up some rays!

KJJ Houston May 18, 2011 at 10:14 PM  

8 pounds, I agree from where?
pretty lady!

I love the floors, Im super jel of your house and I want a new one!

Your hair looks fab!

xo

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails