Search This Blog

Almost home sweet home

>> Friday, May 27, 2011

We had hoped to close on the new house before our trip to the Caribbean, but instead are closing the day after we get back...which is insanely stressful. Between packing for a week away, wrapping up work projects, and coordinating the final details of the new house, I find myself forgetting to breathe! I know it will all come together in the end, but it's stressful to say the least:)

We had our inspection on Wednesday, and our walk through with the builder yesterday. I was very pleased that our builder agreed to everything on our punch list and his landscaping plans are beautiful! Thankfully, he'll wait until we get back to plant and sod the yard so it doesn't die while we're away.

I spent more hours then I care to share pricing window treatments and going round and round trying to make my final decision. I ended up ordering fauxwood blinds with tapes for the bedrooms and plantation shutters for the living room and kitchen. I eventually want to do shutters on all of the windows, but that's just not in the immediate budget. Especially since Jackson's room alone was quoted at $750, really I don't think so!

I'll leave you with some pictures I took this week of the work in progress. I can't wait to come back from the beach and see it completed!!! Almost home sweet home, almost!!!

Living room looking into foyer

Kitchen island pendants

Master bathroom

Master bedroom

Living room looking into kitchen

Mr.'s new baby:) He's so excited about having a gas stove!
Have a great week ladies!!!
Photobucket

6 comments:

Amber May 27, 2011 at 10:41 AM  

I am loving the progress pics! I'm so excited for you and I am so jealous of your gas stove! You're going to love it! :)

Jamie May 27, 2011 at 11:33 AM  

It really is such a perfect, beautiful house. Congrats to you. You should be one proud lady for all your hard work in making it so pretty!

KJJ Houston May 27, 2011 at 1:10 PM  

It went up so fast! Tho Im sure felt like forever to you :) Looks amazing! Have fun on your vacation!! Enjoy EVERY day :) xo

Karen At Home Blog May 27, 2011 at 1:16 PM  

Have a great trip, what a beautiful home to come back too!!!

the glover gang May 27, 2011 at 5:09 PM  

it looks gorgeous! LOVE the kitchen! so happy jackson is feeling well too! happy vacation!

Jennifer May 27, 2011 at 9:29 PM  

Wishing you a very great vacation!! I am so happy that the house is almost complete and that you will soon be able to call it home! By the way, the kitchen is awesome!!!

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails