Search This Blog

St. Louis Trip - Summer 2011

>> Wednesday, August 17, 2011

It's taken me a few days to get back to posting about our summer trip to St. Louis, as our trip getting there was cause enough for a vacation!

Jackson and I made it back to my sister's house pretty late into the evening, and it was even later by the time I was able to get Jackson settled and asleep. I made a mistake of letting him sleep with me while we were gone, and it's making the big boy bed transition this week harder than it should be.  But, he was sick and has outgrown the pack and play - and well it just felt right at the time.

No sooner then I rested my tired eyes for a couple of hours of sleep, the sun was shining and we were woken up with some sweet cuddles from little Miss Amelia and our vacation officially began.  In true Kerns (our maiden name) fashion, we drank our coffee and cuddled our babies for a good hour on the couch before it was time to shower and pack up again!

As if our travels the night before weren't bad enough, we had to cram in the car for a 3 hour drive to the Lake of the Ozarks to boat with my dad and Mr., who had gone up the day before to get the boat ready for us.  Thank goodness my little butt fit in between two car seats, or I would have been strapped to the roof of the car:)

We made it to the lake a little after noon and it was so good to see Mr. and my dad! We spent the rest of the afternoon on my dad's boat, trying to entertain Jackson and keep him happy...between the diaper blow outs, the horse fly attacks, and running out of diapers...we didn't make it too long.

Sunday was a much better day all around.  After a very rough night, Jackson was starting to feel better and the weather was beautiful.  We took the boat out to lunch and shopped a little before heading back to St. Louis for the rest of our visit.

Monday came and went way too fast! Mr. had to work, so I spent the day shopping and lunching with my sister and the kids.  That afternoon we had an hour to kill before taking Mr. back to the airport, so we made a quick trip to the Zoo! Maybe one of my favorite things to do for free in St. Louis!
Who needs a double stroller?!? :)

We ran through and saw as many animals as we could.  Jackson was amazing by the hippos and elephants - his expressions were priceless!
Mr. made it safely back to Louisiana, and I had one last morning with my sister so we went to the park.  The weather was so so nice in comparison to the oppressive heat we've had lately.  We got some great pictures of our Big Fish and Lil Fish and wore Jackson out before our flight home!


My dad works at the airport, so he took Jackson around to see lots of big planes before we boarded our flight.  Poor little dude still can't figure out that he's on a plane, but that will come soon enough:) And thank goodness, we made it home without any problems!

And because I'm true to my word, I told Jackson that if he'd stay in bed all night last night I would take him to the beach today...so we're heading to Blue Mountain Beach after work today to meet my in-laws:)
Photobucket

3 comments:

Allie August 17, 2011 at 12:53 PM  

ADORABLE pics! He is getting so big!! Love it!

Emily Weinzapfel August 20, 2011 at 11:09 PM  

It looks like you had a great trip! :) Your blog is so cute, and so is your sweet family! I'm your newest follower... Have a great weekend!

Jennifer August 21, 2011 at 11:07 PM  

Love the 'big fish, little fish' shirts...LOL! Jackson and Amelia are so cute together. Just wait until she is older and they can really play together. Glad everything went rather well :)

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails