Search This Blog

BCS Championship Weekend

>> Thursday, January 12, 2012

Mr. and I had the best tickets to the worst game ever Monday night. That's pretty much all I want to say about that...especially because the weekend before said game was too much fun not to blog about:)

Saturday afternoon we filled my car with everything purple and gold and dropped Jackson off at my mom's before we headed to the big easy.  Truth be told, I think Jackson may have been more excited to spend 3 days at Lolipops then Mr. was to see his Tigers play in the national championship game! Seriously, we got one kiss bye and were basically kicked out of their house.  It brought tears to my eyes, but also warmed my heart knowing how much Jackson enjoys his grandparents...that and the fact that they had big potty-training plans for the weekend:)

Mr. and I made it to New Orleans just in time for kickoff for the Saints game.  We checked in to our little hotel, quickly unpacked and caught a cab to the House of Blue to meet up with friends.  We watched the Saints win and called it a night so that we'd be fresh for our Sunday Funday!

Waiting for our cab on our private balcony!


Our day started with brunch at 11:15 at NOLA and quickly progressed to a pub-crawl until our dinner at American Sector much later that night.  I may or may not have ended up a hot mess, but it was oh so fun!
Mimosas at NOLA
Honey Badger shots at Johnny Whites
Absinthe at Pirates Alley Absinthe House
the crowd on bourbon...
Needless to say, Monday was a much more sober day for this momma! We met up with my in-laws around lunch time and headed to our first party at the Foundation Room back at the House of Blues. 
Waiting for our cab, game day!

Mrs. Wilson x2 at House of Blues
Love my handsome hubby in purple and gold
We hopped around a few more places, but we were nervous about getting stuck in bad weather so we headed to the Super Dome a couple hours before kickoff...and that's when the fun quickly ended.


The last smile of the night...
Even though we didn't have the outcome we had hoped for, Mr. and I had a wonderful time eating and drinking our way through the weekend.  And it was so good to come home on Tuesday! I'm pretty sure Jackson never realized we were gone, and is on his way to being potty trained.  I think it's a safe bet to say that he'll be completely trained by next season, ha!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Blair January 13, 2012 at 9:27 AM  

What a sad, sad game. Though as one of my friends posted on FB:
When it is all said on done, LSU beat the winners of
-The Rose Bowl
-The Orange Bowl
-The Chick-fil-a bowl
-The Gator Bowl
-The Music City Bowl and
-The BCS National Champs

Not too shabby of a season if you ask me!

Glad y'all got to at least enjoy a Saints win and a fun weekend away!

Good lucky potty training. God speed, my friend. :)

memory January 14, 2012 at 2:04 PM  

I just have to say this, Roll Ride. Hehe(: Must have been fun to have gotten to watch the game in person.

southernpinky.blogspot.com

Jennifer January 16, 2012 at 7:52 AM  

I love that you are wearing your own 'purple and gold' shirts!! You look beautiful as always. And I see where you get your good looks, your momma is gorgeous too! And even though the game wasn't what you have hoped, you and the Mr. had an nice weekend away ;-)

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails