Search This Blog

A weekend worth recapping!

>> Monday, January 30, 2012

You know those weekends that just make your heart happy and warm - we totally had one of those this weekend! Jackson and I are still fighting terrible sinus infections, so it was pretty low-key and just what the doctor ordered. It was the first weekend in a long time that we could focus on just being us - not running the roads or unpacking suitcases or working more than playing.

T.G.I.F.
Friday night we went on our first family date night since I can't remember when! Even Jackson was giddy and screaming "date night, date night!". We went to one of our new favorite restaurants, Cochon, and Jackson totally shocked us with the amount of food he put down! Typically, he's not a great eater when we're out and especially not when he's on antibiotics. But, Friday night he ate pork cheeks and shortbread, grilled cheese, half of my smoked chicken and pumpkin rice, and then split apple cobbler with salted caramel ice cream! Our meal was amazing and Jackson was so good.  He's turned in to such a little dude, and I love it.

Mr. didn't sleep well on Friday night, so for a change, I got up with Jackson Saturday morning and we went for a little date of our own! Since Mr. stayed in bed, our first stop was coffee and blueberry muffins.  Then, we tackled a few of my favorite shops and the grocery store.  It was so nice to get everything done Saturday morning and be back home just in time for our noon nap! I may or may not have even laid down for a little siesta myself:)

Mardi Gras front door
close-up of front door wreath
Saturday afternoon was so beautiful that Mr. mowed the grass and I finished decorating for Mardi Gras.  It's technically winter here, so we hadn't been outside or seen our neighbors in months.  But, since the weather was so nice everyone was out and about and we all needed to catch up. So, we decided to host a little wine and cheese happy hour.  A few bottles of wine later, the cheese was gone and it was time for us all to retire!

decorations on the back porch
Sunday was another nice day and we continued to enjoy every minute of it together.  I overcame the urge to sleep in and got up with the boys at 8:30 (I could sleep until noon, easily!).  Our morning was spent fishing, coloring, and playing.  Jackson wants us right next to him all.the.time. while he's playing.  "Look mommy, look.  Sit down, no on the carpet.  Come on mommy." It's hard to resist his sweet little voice!
Gone Fishin'
Jackson spent the entire day in his big boy undies, and I'm happy to report that they remained dry all day.  We're still working on nap and night time training, but it's progress! So to reward him, we had a PB&J picnic outside while daddy and the neighbors cleaned out the weeds in the pond. 

Finally, the big boy bed makes it on the blog!
Our next big project for the weekend was to finally hang something above Jackson's bed.  My dad gave us an awesome framed newspaper print from the St. Louis Cardinals winning the World Series.  And I had hoped to do the same thing for LSU this year, but I had to make do with something else until we have that win - next year!

And lastly, to end our family fun weekend, my mom made us homemade lasagna that was the bees knees.  We all were fighting over who would lick the bowl clean.  Amazingness, seriously!

I hope that y'all weekends was just as fun and worth the Monday recap!
Photobucket

5 comments:

Ashley January 30, 2012 at 2:35 PM  

Really really glad you guys had a good weekend. I know its just what you needed, been thinking about you.

I just went back and read a couple posts from J's swim lessons. I signed Will up to start soon! He'll be one of the oldest in the class but I think it still may cure some of his cabin fever!

KJJ Houston January 30, 2012 at 2:42 PM  

yay for a good weekend! Sounds like a perfect time to just hang out, which is what you needed. Yall have been go go go!
I love all your decorations...and go go go wilson family for potty training already, im jele! our J has no interest.....urg

Kayla January 30, 2012 at 6:46 PM  

he just makes me smile so big!

Jennifer January 31, 2012 at 7:49 AM  

I'm happy to hear you had such a fun weekend!

The big boy room looks awesome!

Jennifer February 1, 2012 at 8:20 AM  

I am glad to hear that the weekend was low key and awesome. Sometimes you just need that fun family time to get you feeling good. I love that Jackson is doing well with potty training...Anthony is trying...we will be there soon!

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails