Search This Blog

What's Up With the Wilson's

>> Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Please excuse the terribly lame blog post title, but I couldn't think of anything better to sum up this post.

What's up with the lack of posts and where have we been the past month may have been a more accurate title!

To catch y'all up -

The week that we found out we were pregnant with baby 2.0, my best guy friend and his family flew down from St. Louis for the weekend. Their visit had been planned for months and we were so stinking excited to have the "other Wilson's" visit for Festival weekend!



We showed them a traditional Louisiana weekend, full of good food, good beer, and great music. A good part of our days were also spent splashing in the pool and catching sun rays while our boys napped.

Unfortunately, I came down with an awful sinus infection/cold on the last night of their stay. Being newly pregnant and not able to down bottles of medication, I felt pretty miserable...which continued on for the next two weeks straight.

I even attended an amazing conference in Chicago during that time and thought I was going to die every time I had to take the elevator. I was sure that the yucky feeling was the onset of morning sickness, but the cold has since passed and I am left feeling a little better. Not 100%, but I am better!

While I was in Chicago, Jackson graduated from swim lessons. I was sick that I missed it, but we've been swimming like little fish every weekend since. He still needs work, but I'm sure by the end of the summer we will have a full blown swimmer on our hands.

My youngest step-brother attended his senior prom and graduated from high school last night.  It seems like yesterday he was graduating from elementary school and now he's off to LSU!
We are celebrating Jackson's 3rd birthday this weekend with our family.  I have gone back and forth about whether or not to have a big party, but decided to just do something small with our family.  My dad is coming down for the weekend with my sister and her family, so the weekend is going to be argh perfect matey! 

Jackson is so excited for his cake and has specifically asked for a lion, an elephant and a swing set...we're set on all, but the swing set!  No lie, Jackson woke up this morning and went outside looking for his new swing and was a little mad at his daddy for not building it yet.  So, I'm on a momma mission to find one that will fit on our backyard space. 

Other news on the baby 2.0 front - my first appointment with my ob/gyn is next Thursday, May 31st.  I've feeling okay...very, very tired, but I will certainly not complain!  My belly is starting to get a little, tiny pouch towards the end of the day.  I can still button my jeans, so I'm happy about that:) At this point with Jackson, I jumped up two sizes in pants and was wearing maternity clothes.

On Sunday morning, Jackson and I were laying in bed when my phone rang at 8:45AM.  The number looked familiar, but I couldn't remember why.  I answered, and to my surprise, it was my OB.  Seriously, he called my cell phone Sunday morning just to tell me congrats and ask how I was feeling! I feel so amazingly blessed to have such a wonderful support team that wants nothing more then for us to have a healthy baby 2.0.  He said that he was going through his charts and noticed I called to schedule our first appointment...so he called!

I think that's about it for now, stay tuned for birthday party posts and our first OB appointment!

Loves:)

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails