Search This Blog

Jackson's Almost 3!

>> Thursday, May 10, 2012

I'm really not sure how this is possible, but my big boy is just one month shy of turning T-H-R-E-E! Where or where has the time gone?!?

I know that I am more than biased, but my goodness, Jackson is one sweet boy.  He constantly has us smiling or laughing about something he's said, like "you see my big eyes".  I want to cherish these moments and times forever!

I haven't updated y'all in a while about Jackson's health, which is a great thing because he has been healthy! Ever since finishing his three month dose of heavy duty antibiotics, he's been great.  I tried to wean him off of his nightly breathing treatments, but that landed us in the urgent care with a full-blown asthma attack.  I learned a big lesson that morning and we haven't skipped a night since or left the house without his inhaler! But, I have him under control and we're on a good path.

Jackson is a big boy, weighing in at almost 36lbs. and 36" tall.  He either eats everything in sight or nothing at all.  I've learned to except the fact that he really will eat when he's hungry.  Jackson doesn't know a stranger and really loves his friends.  He plays and he plays hard, non-stop.  He knows his right from his left, his ABCs, can count to 20, and is well on his way to swimming like a fish!

Jackson really isn't scared of anything, except for the pretend monsters that seem to live all over our house.  I think he just does this to make us laugh though, it's pretty hysterical.

And my goodness, Jackson has more facial expressions than a painted clown or something.  He never ceases to amaze us with his humor and joy.

We still watch Buzz Lightyear, Lion King or some form of dinosaur or animal show every night as a part of his routine.

Some of my favorite things that he says or does are:
Don't leave me (when he snuggles in bed with us in the morning and it's time to get ready for work)
You see my big eyes
I wanna butter and jelly - and he proceeds to bring you the bread, peanut butter and jelly, one-by-one
Hold you, please
You're silly!
Is the baby still cookin?!?
I wanna talk to the baby!
Is the baby crying?!? (when I don't feel good)
I love you!
Be sweet today (he repeats this back to me, sometimes we both need the reminder)
Look, look!!!
No phone, talk to me momma!
Let's dance!
It's Friday, yay!
Oh wow, that's real cool
Hey, I'm almost 3!

I could go on and on, and I may come back and update this list over the next month...time, please slow down!

sucker and a bowl of apples on our adventurous walk:)
Photobucket

1 comments:

Amber May 10, 2012 at 5:39 PM  

He is so sweet! I'm so glad that he is feeling better too! Time flies!

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails