Search This Blog

Diamonds are a girls best friend

>> Tuesday, June 25, 2013

A fews days before Mattie turned 5-months-old, we decided to have her ear's pierced.  I had been contemplating it for a while, thinking about the pro's and con's, and ultimately decided on a whim that it was time:)

My sister and I both had our ear's pierced as babies and have known no different. Megan wait until Amelia was a little older to have hers pierced and she is constantly pulling them out.  She pierced Ellie's when she was about 7-months and she's done great with them.  I would have done Mattie's at the same time we pierced Ellie's, but her ears were still too small.

I knew that I wanted to pierce Mattie's around 6-months, and before our trip to Aruba so that we'd be home if she had any problems or infections.  So one evening Mr. and I dropped Jackson at my parents to swim while we ran some errands...and we ended up at the Mall getting our princess some diamond studs and piercing her ears! Mr. was so sweet and wanted Mattie's earrings to match mine, he loves his girls:)

Poor Mattie had no idea what she was in for, but lucky (for me) she tolerated the actual piercing much better than the markings.  Holding her head so still was nerve-wracking and I envisioned her ending up with a nose ring when she jerked away!





All said and done, they are just precious and haven't bothered Mattie yet.  I just love her little ear bling and our princess girl:)



1 comments:

Anonymous,  July 2, 2013 at 1:33 PM  

This was a perfect age to pierce her ears! She is totally precious with those cute earrings. You're right, "Diamonds are a girl's best friend" and she seems to have found one!

I believe it is always best done early when she wouldn’t remember and have mommy care for them during the healing phase. When they’re older, they will think they are a part of them and won’t bother them.

Our ped encouraged me to do it when mommy could care for them. Also, she gave me some tips for moms helping them to find the right person, place and type of earrings to use for infants having their ears pierced.

Would be happy to share by e-mail with any moms wanting more info.

Amyswor@hotmail.com

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails