Search This Blog

Who would have thought?

>> Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Six months ago, the day before I had Jackson, if you would have told me these things I would have laughed in your face and said oh no, not me:

1. Your life will feel so complete -
It's so true, my life has never felt more complete. I know that I want to have more kids someday, but right now I just want to soak up Jackson as much as possible.

2. You'll be one of those moms that nurses your baby until they're walking -
I always knew that I wanted to try and breastfeed, but I had no idea how long I would do it for. And now, its so easy for us... I think I'll do it until he's a year old.

3. Your house will feel more like a home than ever before -
I would rather be home, with my boys, more than any place in the world... even with the mess, the ciaos, the laundry, and baby toys everywhere.

4. You won't want to spend the night away from your baby -
Jackson has 4 sets of willing grandparents - but I am just not ready to be away from him for a whole night. Before I was a mommy my most favorite thing to do was sleep, but now it is totally overrated!

5. Play dates are just as good as real dates -
My idea of a perfect day is playing in our pj's all day.

6. It's just a little spit up...
Being puked on really doesn't phase me at all anymore.

7. You'll nurse in public -
Gross, not me, no way! Ha, hooter hider all the way!

8. Oh the things you'll do for love -
I'll do just about anything to get a laugh and a smile from Jackson.

9. The places you'll go -
The places I've gone to nurse, to pump, and to change a diaper never surprise me anymore.

10. You've never been in love like this before -
It's true, I've never been in love with the Mr. like this before and I had no idea I could feel the way I do!

4 comments:

Meant to be a mom December 8, 2009 at 4:08 PM  

I know exactly what you mean. Isn't it amazing how much these little ones change your life for the better. Such blessings.

Meet the Brummett's December 8, 2009 at 8:35 PM  

Totally agree on all of these...well except for the nursing part b/c I couldn't do it, but I see how convenient it is for you. I also can't say I relate on the not wanting to spend a night away b/c girl, you know I wake up every day and wish I could run away to a swanky hotel for the night! Ha!

Paige December 8, 2009 at 11:50 PM  

You're totally right, there is no other love like the love that you have for your children. You have such a beautiful family!

Little Mama December 9, 2009 at 12:02 AM  

What a sweet, sweet post! Glad y'all got some snow, too! So fun! :)

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails