Search This Blog

Mardi Gras Recap

>> Wednesday, March 9, 2011

It totally rained on our parade y'all, but we refused to let it bring us down. And when I say it rained, it poured, and I'm not just talking about the weather.  Poor Mr. Action Jackson just cannot catch a break these days. On top of his lack of hearing and breathing, he now has pink eye! All I can do at this point is laugh, and laughter is great medicine:)

Despite the weather and pink eye, our Mardi Gras was so fun and completely exhausting. I think I'm just too old to party like a rock star anymore! My dad and his girlfriend came into town last Thursday and stayed through the weekend. We had a great time entertaining them and spent Saturday in New Orleans.

my pretty front door decorated for Mardi Gras
The weather on Saturday was terrible, but we didn't let it bring us down. Jackson stayed home with a sitter, so Mr. and I enjoyed our day sans kiddo! My mom and her husband and one of my brothers all joined us and it was a large time. From people watching down bourbon to during "the Bernie" at Razzo's, it was a day to remember!
me and my knight in shining camo:) I can't see you!
always fun running into friends on bourbon!
me and cam doing "the bernie", still not even sure what this is?!?
I so love my momma!
On Sunday my dad and Mary left, and Stephanie arrived with her sweet twins! Jackson is completely smitten with his Aunt Steph and it makes my heart so happy.  I've had to pinch myself a few times over the past three days.  It just blows my mind that Stephanie and I have real babies that are all snuggled up together.  They are all in Jackson's room at night for a big slumber party, just like we used to play with our baby dolls.  And I also have to say that Jackson is definetly trying to talk more around the girls.  It's not exactly english, but he's trying, that's for sure!

Monday night my sister and sweet baby Ameila flew down for a week long visit! This is also when we started to notice goop coming out of Jackson's eye.  Perfect timing, right?!? In a two hour period, I dropped $130 on prescriptions for lil man and tried to keep him away from everyone the best I could. 

When we woke up yesterday morning, Fat Tuesday, Jackson had full blown pink eye in both of his eyes.  We had a day of parades and fun jumps and face painting planned for all of the kids.  Since we had already paid for everything, Mr. stayed home with Jackson, and the rest of us went to Mardi Gras.  Truth be told, Mr. had enough of the rain and was happy to be home cuddled up Jackson:)
Sweet girl snoozing away at the parade!
Now we're just playing the waiting game to see who else comes down with pink eye.  My eyes are red and itching like crazy.  I can't decide if it's all in my head or if I'm next...

Photobucket

6 comments:

KJJ Houston March 9, 2011 at 2:50 PM  

omg that shirt "toss me something mista" is so freaking funny!!! LOVE IT
Your door looked so good too!

Lisa March 10, 2011 at 6:43 AM  

So fun!! (minus the pink eye)

Amber March 10, 2011 at 7:37 AM  

You guys definitely cannot catch a break :(! Poor Jackson! Looks like you guys still had a great time!

Allison March 10, 2011 at 1:44 PM  

I was wondering if you could send me an email and tell me how I can disable right click on my blog? I would like to do that to prevent people from being able to copy my pictures. I went to right click on one of your links one time to open in a new browser window and noticed that I wasnt able to do that on your blog. I would love to protect my pictures that way.

Thank you!
Allison

Meant to be a mom March 10, 2011 at 4:46 PM  

Wow you guys have been having so much fun :) Glad to hear you had a great time. The Bernie? Like the movie Weekend at Bernie's?
If that's what you mean I totally get it, but I'm not sure if it is?

I love your front door by the way.

Jennifer March 10, 2011 at 10:27 PM  

I am jealous...I have never been to Mardi Gras and it really seems like a blast!! Love you guys doing the 'Bernie'...LOL! Sorry to hear about Jackson and the pink eye...hopefully none of you catch it. And that little Amelia...bless her heart, she is too cute!!

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails