Search This Blog

Skeet Shoot 2011

>> Monday, March 28, 2011

If you're not familiar with "the annual skeet shoot" you can read about it here or here.  I started joining Mr. when we were dating, back in 2005, and haven't missed one since!

It is so hard to believe that at this time last year, Jackson was just a scooting, gummy smiled, baby boy. Oh what a year it's been, but I'm loving my toddler more than ever...even though he had me up at 3AM last night, I forgive him:)

The boys were back in Louisiana this year and the weather was about as perfect as possible.  The days were warm and the evenings were crisp, just the way I like it!

I was nervous about taking Jackson out to the country with his allergies/asthma/whatever it is that makes him cough like a crazy man...but wouldn't you know, my boy is well!!! He was all smiles and never coughed once, not once!

We headed out to Abbeville after work on Friday and we able to watch the guys shoot until sunset.  Jackson was in his element, let me tell you.  He ran as far as his fat little legs would take him.  He chased the dogs until they wouldn't run anymore.  He played football and flirted with a special little friend.  He got dirty and played with bugs.  He said the word BUG! It was such a fun night for my little family of three.
Saturday was another gorgeous day so Mr. got a head start out to the property while Jackson took a long afternoon nap.  The night before totally wore him out and he slept from noon until 4! It really worked out perfectly that way though because Jackson was able to stay up later:)  Jackson and I got out to the shoot just in time for the "hat round" and a plane flew by and buzzed us.  The look on Jackson's face was priceless!
Mr. and Jackson had a nice little review of toy gun safety and they played until long after the sunset.  Between dancing in the moonlight and teaching him how to play soccer while we ran from the bugs, it was another night to remember.  Jackson sure made me one proud Momma and Mr. made me a proud wife!
I'm not sure what I did to deserve my sweet boys, but I've never been so thankful.  They give me so much joy - sometimes I find myself speechless.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Jennifer March 28, 2011 at 9:46 PM  

What a great family event. I am just laughing to myself...I could even imagine there being an event like that here in NY :) Love the pic of Jackson with the smile and look of amazement :)

Meet the Brummett's March 28, 2011 at 10:07 PM  

Sweet post, I love all the pics of Jacksie. ;) Is that precious little girl Parish's daughter or related to him? She is beautiful! I didn't show the girls though because they might get jealous of another girl huggin on their guy! lol

Lyryn March 28, 2011 at 10:18 PM  

Great post!!! I just love all the pictures! They are so cute!

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails