Search This Blog

It's about time...

>> Friday, October 28, 2011

two weeks without updating the good ole' blog, I think it's about time to catch y'all up on the Wilson happenings! Be warned - this may just be the most random post ever:)

Let's start back with my business trip to Chicago. The conference I attended was awesome, and the week of "city life" was an amazing experience. Staying on the magnificent mile, getting our morning coffee, and walking with the morning commuters to "work" was thrilling. I even contemplated having my boys pack up and try this lifestyle out for a little while, but I realized two things: City life isn't cheap and walking in the rain really sucks! I have a new appreciation for my home-brewed coffee and front row parking spot at the office.

Post-it RIP Steve Jobs - Apple Store Michigan Ave.
Night from our room
After spending a week away, I also realized how much Jackson is really growing up. Literally, he's grown over 2 inches in the past couple of months and is now in the 98% for height and 88% for weight! And even more than is physical growth, his mental growth is blowing my mind. In 4 short months, he's gone from no vocabulary to speaking in sentences, counting to 12, singing his ABC's and knowing all of his colors. He's such a social butterfly and always wants to play with his friends. And by friends, he means anyone under the age of 10 that will look at him. Poor boy needs a baby brother so bad!

And speaking of baby...I had a consultation with my RE this week. We've been trying for about 6 months now and thought it was best to go ahead and schedule a consult. I thought it would be months before they could see us, but instead it was only days! It was just the sign that I needed. I was so incredibly nervous about going back {both physically and emotionally} but felt at such ease once we saw the doctor and got back in the stirrups again for a date with the vag cam:)

From the looks of the ultrasound, I may have PCOS, but no conclusions or treatment plans have been made just yet. I go back on day 3 of my next cycle for blood work and we'll go from there. Depending on the results, specially my FSH results, we may try on our own for a few more months or proceed with Dec/Jan medicated cycle.

Jackson is participating in Meredith's Itty Bitty Pen Pal program, and we just love our pal! We hope that Charlie has a great trick-or-treat and we can't wait to see pictures.
Someone couldn't wait to get their hands on the loot!
Speaking of trick-or-treat...I've got my fingers crossed that Action Jackson will cooperate with what we planned on him dressing up as...reasoning with a 2.5 year old is pretty impossible though. Again, fingers crossed:)

Other big news around our house is that Jackson's room is being converted into a big boy room this weekend.  For the past two weeks Jackson has been waking up all night long.  I'm not sure if this is some sort of wakeful period or if he's rolling out of his bed because it's too small.  We're going with the later reason, so I've been painting an antique rod iron full size bed all week.  My pointer finger is officially numb from testing out so many spray paints, but I think I like the oil rubbed bronze color I settled on.  I'll post pictures as soon as the transformation is complete!
Big boy in a little bed:)
Lastly, I'd like to give a shout out to my Cardinal's! Was last night's game not incredible?!? I'm hoping tonight's game is less nerve wracking and a big win to close out Red October.  Who would have thought one of my childhood best friend's little brother would be such a rock star.  Go Freese!!!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Ashley October 28, 2011 at 3:09 PM  

Whew, Im so relieved... I better NOT find out your pregs from your blog... ;) The title had me very intrigured!
Glad to hear all is going well, he looks so sweet in his lil bed. Love yall! Go Cards!

KJJ Houston October 29, 2011 at 12:27 PM  

Love the post it picture, cool!
Cant wait to see the new room, we need to do it, but I keep delaying it.. maybe after Christmas? hmm
Maybe Santa will bring you a bun in the oven :) I'll keep you in my prayers!
xo
missed ya!

Jennifer October 30, 2011 at 10:10 PM  

Love the random post!! LOL! Hearing you talk about business trips in the city makes me miss it sometimes. But, like you said, walking in the rain stinks...lol. It is nice that you still get to experience it once in a while. I am still keeping my fingers crossed for you and getting preggers. It will happen one way or another. Hey, have fun trying for now. Don't stress and have faith. Can't wait to see Jackson's new room :)

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails