Search This Blog

A perfect fall weekend

>> Thursday, October 13, 2011

Hey lovely readers! I'm blogging from Chicago this week, and boy am I missing my boys! But, momma has to keep up with the ever changing advertising industry and I'm learning a lot. I've been gone since sunrise on Tuesday and don't get back home until tomorrow night - which is the longest I've ever been away from either of my boys. There may or may not have been some tears shed when they were both blowing me kisses bye and shouting LOVE YOU out the car windows at 5 o'clock in the morning!

Since I was going to be gone this whole week, I made sure to plan a fun-filled family weekend before I left. We laughed and played and spent some good quality time together.

Friday night was my little brother's senior night before his high school football game. Of course, Jackson had to sport his uncle's number and run across the field trying to play "b-ball" with the big boys. After the presentation of all the seniors, we had to head home to babysit our neighbors itty bitty baby boy! I can only hope when God blesses us with another baby that our nights are as fun and easy as Friday night was. Jackson so needs a baby brother:)

Mr. woke up at the crack of dawn on Saturday and left for Baton Rouge to set up the tailgate and start his "famous" Alligator Sauce Piquante. He cooks this every year for the LSU vs. Florida game.
Jackson and I got to Baton Rouge a little later in the morning and ended up staying until after the game! I wasn't too sure how long Jackson would last this year at the tailgate, but he did great. He even went into the game with his daddy for the whole first half of the game! I sat out at the tailgate with some girlfriends and met Mr. at halftime to bring Jackson back with me to run around and play. It was such a pretty day and an even better game for our Tigers, which made for a very happy Mr.:)
Jackson did not want to stop playing for a picture:)

Every.single.time Jackson saw a tiger (which you can only imagine how often this was) he'd ROAR as loud as he could and sing his little version of the LSU fight song. It was so sweet and melted my heart!
Sunday was an early morning for the Wilson's, which ended up not being so bad being that I am not a morning person. Mr. had to go to a gumbo cook-off for his firm, so Jackson and I made blueberry muffins, did 3 loads of laundry, changed the bed sheets, played outside, blew bubbles, colored, went for a walk, and counted pumpkins in the neighborhood...all before 11AM!

And since we were able to get so much done in the morning, I showered while Jackson napped and Mr. got home just in time for us to head to the pumpkin patch for the afternoon. Jackson had the best time, ever! He ran from pumpkin to pumpkin, chased the bunnies and chickens, got "lost" in the maze, and jumped until he was silly in the fun jump. Now, getting him to leave was not so fun!





It was totally one of those weekends that filled my heart so full of happiness and joy, I thought it could explode! I really want to make this more of our norm - besides, the cobwebs can wait and the house can actually be dirty for the house cleaner when she comes!
Photobucket

4 comments:

KJJ Houston October 13, 2011 at 8:08 PM  

Ok first off your scarf is sooo darn cute! LOVE LOVE! I dont have any relation to LSU, but the scarf is presh! :)
And 2nd Im so jele that yall always get the best family pictures... Jack wont SIT STILL for us to do any pictures ..boo
Hope you are enjoying your week away just a little with some you time :)

Becki Moore October 13, 2011 at 10:32 PM  

Love this happy post! I couldn't imagine being gone that long either- good job making the most of it momma! Absolutely ADORE the pic of you & Jackson laughing at the tailgate.. precious.

Jennifer October 14, 2011 at 2:28 PM  

Ok...first, I love that Jackson has a t-shirt for every holiday. It is awesome!! It is so great that you were able to enjoy such a ncice weekend with your 2 boys. I think Jackson is surely going to be a big sports fan with you guys are parents...lol!

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails