Search This Blog

Taking some mr. & mrs. time

>> Monday, October 3, 2011

As much as I love my lil man to pieces, every once and a while I need some time to just love on my big man aka my Mr.  I have such a love/hate relationship with the balancing act of the Momma and the Mrs. inside of me!

The second I start to daydream about getting dressed up for a date night or think about getting that much need pedicure, the momma guilt kicks in.  Don't get me wrong - I take a lot of time out for me and us - but it's so hard to enjoy the same level of satisfaction as I once did.  We've all been there, I hope!

I digress. 

We ended up having a few extra tickets to the LSU game on Saturday, so we had a tough decision on whether or not to invite friends to the game sans kiddos or to go as a family.  We decided to take friends and spend a day as just Mr. & Mrs. We left our parental responsibilities in the hands of Loli & Pop and knew that Jackson would have a better time with them.  Besides, kickoff time was also his nap time and I knew that we I would be chasing around a tired Action Jackson and roaring with Mike the Tiger instead of watching the actual football game.

We couldn't have asked for a better day or friends to spend the day with.  The weather on Saturday was picture perfect {I am praying for a repeat this Saturday since I plan on taking Jackson}. The tigers had an exceptionally early kick off, so as soon as Jackson was safely turned over to my parents, we started our day with mimosas and coffee as we headed to Death Valley.
 
We were able to push through the game day traffic and make it to campus about an hour before kickoff. And within a minute of arriving to our tailgate, I was already showing off recent Jackson pic on my phone:)

However, knowing that Jackson was eating my parents out of house and home, seriously 7 pancakes must be a record, and then napping for a good portion of the game allowed me to relax and enjoy our date day! And by the looks of all the self-portraits in my iphone, we may have enjoyed ourselves a little too much:)

Geaux Tigers!
Photobucket

3 comments:

KJJ Houston October 3, 2011 at 8:43 PM  

Yall are so cute :) Glad you were able to get away!

Jennifer October 4, 2011 at 4:13 PM  

I think you made a good choice to go just you and the Mr. We need that time together sans kiddos....it is good for your mind and your relationship. Hope Loli and Pop were able to replenish the pancakes for Jackson's next visit...lol.

Blair October 13, 2011 at 12:48 PM  

Glad y'all had fun! Wish we could have been cheering in the stadium with y'all, but we will all be there for the Homecoming game.

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails