Search This Blog

Follow the yellow brick road

>> Monday, October 31, 2011

My sister and her sweet family came down for a visit this weekend, which was extra special since our neighborhood Trick-or-Treat was Saturday night!  As soon as Megan booked their plane tickets, we started brainstorming costume ideas for Amelia and Jackson. 

It wasn't until Megan was going through some of our old baby clothes for Amelia that we finally found the perfect theme.  In the box was a beautiful Wizard of Oz "Dorothy" dress.  All Amelia needed was some ruby slippers, a lion, a tin man and a scarecrow Jackson, her daddy, and her uncle!

Much to my surprise, and with a little bribe or two, we pulled off a seamless Trick-or-Treat! And even more to my surprise, I think Mr. had more fun dressing up than Jackson:) It only took a few houses before the neighborhood turned into the yellow brick road and they were skipping about!
Tin man, Scarecrow, Cowardly Lion & Dorothy



The tin man needed some oil:)
I hope y'all have a spooky Halloween today! We'll be out again tonight, only with a much bigger roar...remember those bribes I mentioned;) Trick or Treat!!!
Photobucket

1 comments:

Jennifer November 1, 2011 at 4:39 PM  

Happy belated Halloween. I love the whole theme. It is awesome that the Tin Man and Scarecrow decided to play along. I see many more themed costumes in your future. Next time you and your sis need to join in :)

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails