Search This Blog

Family Weekend & Date Night

>> Monday, December 10, 2012

With the impending arrival of our baby girl we wanted to be sure and have a fun family weekend and a date night with Jackson.  He is so excited for his baby sister, but we want to make sure he feels extra special too:)

Jackson went to school on Friday and I pretty much slept the entire day, since I didn't get much sleep at the hospital.  Friday afternoon was my office's baby shower for Mattie Jayne, so we got dressed for the day and headed to my office for the shower. 

After the shower, my parents brought Jackson to meet us and we went to see the lighting of the Christmas lights and Santa! And oh my goodness, my sweet boy only thought that he liked Halloween decorations.  He is in love with all of the Christmas lights and Santa music...he really is my child:)

Jackson sat on Santa's lap and asked for a T-Rex, just like his friend Pierce has and smiled the most precious smile ever.  After all of that excitement, it was time for this momma to head back to bed.  Walking around with head in between your legs and almost 4cm dilated isn't exactly a walk in the park:)

Saturday morning we had a slight panic attack when Mr. and I discovered that the only toy Jackson asked Santa for was discontinued! A small fortune later, thank you amazon, the T-Rex was found and should be delivered to our door tomorrow.  The things we do for our kids, right?!?

After a lazy day on the couch, we were all stir crazy and needed a night out with just the three of us.  So we loaded in the car and my contractions started up again, and were coming fast and strong.  We decided to stay close to home and ate a quick dinner out before going to the Zoo to see their Christmas lights.
Dinner was pretty hard for me, but I soaked up the time with my boys in between contractions.  We debated between going back to the hospital or running out to the Zoo, and the Zoo won.  I just couldn't let Jackson down...and no sooner than we got there, the contractions stopped again.

We walked around seeing what animals we could, but Jackson was most impressed by the lights.  Then we took a fun train ride around the Zoo before heading home to eat the rest of the baby shower cake.  It was a perfect night.
After Jackson went to bed, Mr. and I stayed up and watched the 5 Year Engagement and realized that it was the anniversary of our engagement!  

 Photobucket

2 comments:

mama foosa December 11, 2012 at 9:00 AM  

you look fabulous!! hope baby girl cooks a little longer for you :) can't wait to "meet" her!

rodefamily December 19, 2012 at 6:12 PM  

I am starting to wonder if your absence is meaning that Miss Mattie has made her appearance.

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails