Search This Blog

New Year, New Beginnings

>> Monday, January 14, 2013

2013 marks a new year for my little family as it will be our first year as a family of four! I'm not sure why, but going from a family of three to four makes me feel so much more grown up. I feel like I finally have everything that I've ever hoped and dreamed for.

And while we are far from being perfect, I feel like we're perfect as a family. Does that make any sense? I really can't put this feeling into words beside saying that I feel whole.  I feel complete, and I feel an overwhelming amount of love.  I think I spent so many years fretting and being overwhelmed with getting to this point in my life that I wasn't able to enjoy everything as I am today.

I hope this feeling sticks around for a good long time:)

I haven't made any resolutions for the new year, I rarely do.  Sure, I'd love to lose these last 10 pregnancy pounds but that doesn't really count as a resolution.  One thing that I have changed thus far in the new year is making the most of my maternity leave and cooking for my family.

I know, pick yourself off of the floor.

This momma has taken up healthy cooking! I'm learning how to really grocery shop, menu plan, and stock our pantry.  Mr. and Jackson have enjoyed many a home cooked meals, including the table being set when they walk in the door.  My wish and goal for myself is to be able to keep this up once I go back to work and when Mattie does a little more than eat, sleep and poop during our days together;) Let me know if you'd be interested in seeing what I'm cooking each week?!?

As for the actual new year, we rang it in with a bang, literally...We spent the night at my mom's house since it was my sister's last night in town...and well just safer to stay put.  The boys got enough fireworks to put on quite a show to keep things exciting on an otherwise low-key evening with four babies in the house.  We will forever remember the year that Mr. set off a roman candle that miss-fired and shot in the house! It could have been way worse and we have a black mark on the brick column to prove it! No one was hurt or injured, thank God.  And it makes for a great story, but I think next year we'll opt for sparklers instead:)






1 comments:

Jennifer January 16, 2013 at 8:36 AM  

You are going to have a great New Year with your new baby girl!! I am so looking foward to seeing all of her cute outfits...lol! And listen, healthy cooking is a great idea. Post some of your meals and maybe it will inspire me...lol!

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails