Search This Blog

Our Christmas Eve Homecoming

>> Saturday, January 5, 2013

It was no secret that my Christmas wish this year was for all of us to be home, as a family of 4, on Christmas morning. I'm still pinching myself that my wish and dreams came true and life is better than I ever imagined it to be.

Delivering Mattie just past midnight on Friday night/Saturday morning made for a bit of exhaustion leading into the newborn sleep deprivation. When my doctor gave me the choice of going home on Sunday or waiting until Monday (Christmas Eve) morning, Mr. and I both knew without a doubt that we needed one more night of nursery care and sleep to rejuvenate for our new family life.
We missed Jackson, and our beds like crazy, but my mom lives around the block from the hospital so we got frequent visits from Jackson. And well our need for sleep outweighed our need for our own bed:) My mom's house was full of fun with all my siblings home and cousins running around like crazy, so Jackson was in heaven all weekend.  To keep things exciting, Jackson's ear drum ruptured on Saturday from his infection earlier in the week.  Another plus to staying in the hospital was that my pediatrician was able to treat both of my babies and saved my mom hours in the urgent care!


On Christmas Eve morning, we packed up our belonging and waited to be discharged.  Our hospital stay was really great and our nurses went above and beyond, especially on Monday.  My mom brought Jackson to "go home" with us and the nurses helped make our trip extra special.  Jackson got to ride with me and Mattie in the wheelchair and we made a quick stop to let Jackson push the newborn, lullaby, button.  Jackson was more impressed with the under the sea wall then the actual lullaby, as any 3.5 year old boy would be:)



Mr. and my mom got us loaded into the car and home we went...just long enough to unpack and catch quick naps before it was time to start the Christmas celebration chaos.  In keeping with family tradition, we headed to Mr.'s mom's house for Christmas Eve dinner and presents.  And as if that wasn't enough excitement just days after having a baby, we then headed to my mom's house so that I could visit with my family for a bit.  The hardest part about being in the hospital was knowing that my sister was in town and I missed out on a few days with her.
As soon as we got to my mom's, aprons were put on and a Christmas cookie marathon began...what would Santa do without Christmas cookies when he came down the chimney?!? A mixer may or may not have blown up and Mr. may or may not have saved the cooking day once again:)
Once the cookies were done and milk was poured for Santa, we took our sweet babies home to spread reindeer food on our yard and slip into bed for a quick nap before the magic of Christmas literally melted my heart!

 Photobucket

4 comments:

Kelly January 5, 2013 at 9:57 PM  

She is beautiful!!!! Congrats to you all

Rose January 6, 2013 at 2:07 PM  

She is so beautiful! Wow!!!

You look fantastic...and still had Christmas to boot? You are super mom, through and through. :o)

Enjoy these precious, precious days!!!

Rose

Val January 8, 2013 at 8:21 AM  

I agree with the previous comment and was thinking the same thing! I was a hot mess the day we came home from the hospital. I can't imagine how I would have pulled off celebrating Christmas the day we got home! You look great. Congrats again!

Jennifer January 9, 2013 at 8:39 AM  

You are a trooper lady! I can't believe you ventured out with a 2 day old baby...lol! Mattie was the best present you could have asked for :-)

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails