Search This Blog

Mattie Jayne: One Month

>> Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The first month of life with Mattie Jayne has been nothing short of pure joy.  It absolutely amazes me how she fits just perfectly with our little family and makes me feel whole.  I find myself saying that a lot.  My boys and Mattie, they are my world.  My everything.

As with your first month of life, miss Mattie's was loaded full of firsts.  The month went by so incredibly fast, I hope that I can remember all of the details!

First month, month of firsts:
Walk - my girl has rocked the Bob and craves our daily walks as much as I do.  When she gets fussy, we walk and she is one happy girl.  She loves the fresh air!
Family Date night - I didn't blog about our first family (of four) date night, or take any pictures.  Mr. and I thought it was more than appropriate to take our brood to the place it all began.  We went to the restaurant where we met I picked him up and just knew he was the one.  And almost nine years later, he was so the one and I couldn't be happier.  Sitting there with him, looking at our two precious miracles, felt like a dream come true...I still pinch myself some days.


Mattie and I have mastered many shopping trips and lazy days at home.  Some days completely disappear before my eyes and the boys are home before I've even brushed my teeth.  Other days are super productive and I have dinner one the table and wine in hand waiting for them to get home.  Either way, I wouldn't trade these days with her for the world.  I wish time could just stand still.
Mattie is a much better sleeper than her brother.  I re-read Jackson's one month post and his good nights are her bad nights (which are few and far between).  Mattie normally nurses every 3-4 hours during the day and will go anywhere from 4-5.5 hours at night.  Since she's turned one month, she's even given me one 8 hour stretch, one 7 hour and one 6.5 hour stretch...we're getting there:)
Speaking of nursing, I so forgot just how much those first few weeks hurt.  Mattie's latch in the hospital did a number to my nipples, but we've both learned from those days and it's smooth sailing now.  It took a good two weeks before I could nurse without any pain...and I started pumping this week, so I'm sure I'll have a little tenderness from the good ol' pump here soon.

Mattie loves to be held and toots like a man.  Poor girl can go through 2-3 diapers during one diaper change.  I'm seriously considering charging admission to come see her; dinner and Pampers in exchange for an hour visit?!? Any takers;)
When we were in St. Louis Mattie developed a serious case of cradle cap and baby acne.  Poor girl, but Jackson still calls her the prettiest girl in the world.  Jackson loves his baby and is anxious for her to wake up and play with him...he may regret this wish when she steals his dinos:)

5 comments:

Rose January 30, 2013 at 3:26 PM  

She is so, so precious. :o) What a darling!! Enjoy these precious days together!!

Jennifer January 31, 2013 at 10:27 PM  

I can't believe she is one month already!! She is so precious. I love with her cradle cap and all, Jackson thinks she is the prettiest girl of all!!

Amy February 2, 2013 at 11:04 AM  

Oh that last picture. So sweet!

Jennifer February 15, 2013 at 10:25 PM  

What a beautiful little peanut! I can't believe she is a month already! I am so glad you are all settled in to life with 2 kids!

Robin February 22, 2013 at 3:20 PM  

She's just gorgeous! What a beautiful little family!!! Congratulations!

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails