Search This Blog

Big Brother, Jackson

>> Tuesday, March 5, 2013

I always knew that Jackson would be an amazing big brother.  He has an extremely tender heart and has always adored his 'melia's.  I am pretty sure that Amelia will always hold a special place in Jackson's heart.  Maybe more so than Mattie, but only time will tell:)

Watching Jackson love and interact with "his baby" is nothing short of pure love and joy for me.  I always want to remember these times and special things.  And I may need to remind Jackson of a few of these when Mattie starts stealing his toys and using his dinos for teething rings:)

Big brother, Jackson:
You do not like it when I burp Mattie because you are convinced that I am hurting your baby.  You take my hand away and ask me not to "pap" her.

You call Mattie your baby.  And I truly believe that in your heart of hearts, you think she is your baby.

You cannot wait for her to have slumber parties in your room and you want her to sleep in your bed every night.

I cannot count the number of times or things I find in her crib.  I am pretty sure you visit her through out the night to give her a princess or stuffed animal.  And every time I remove said item from her crib, the next time I go in her room it is right back where you had it.  You started putting little treasures in her crib before she was even born.  The first was a Minnie Mouse princess crown that you brought home from school.  Mattie may have to wear it to high school graduation because you will not let me part with that crown.

I always call Mattie the prettiest girl...and you love to refer to her as the prettiest princess in the world.  You melt my heart when you lay down next to her and tell her that she's the prettiest princess in the world.

You have your moments when you show a bit of jealousy and want me to put the baby down and come play, but it's far less than one would expect of a 3.5-year-old.

For some reason, you absolutely cannot stand when she has her pacifier in her mouth and insist that she doesn't need it...until she starts crying and you can't hear your show and your pissed.

You love when Mattie makes the littlest of noises because you think she's talking to you.

Recently, you started to read to Mattie.

There's nothing sweeter than your little voice saying, "I love you, baby".

You love to give Mattie kisses and get borderline obsessed with getting in her face.

You make me so incredibly proud to be your mother, every single day.

I love you to the moon and back, big brother Jack!

3 comments:

Jennifer March 5, 2013 at 9:38 PM  

Truly so precious!! I hope that they always keep that special bond. Seems like Mattie is looking more like the Mr.!!

Jennifer March 10, 2013 at 8:55 AM  

Absolutely precious! Even though they're rough little boys, they can be so sweet and tender when it comes to little babies. So sweet!

nikinikinine March 12, 2013 at 11:14 PM  

oh my, you make some gorgeous babies!

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails