Search This Blog

So much to do, so little time!

>> Monday, April 6, 2009

With only 87 days until baby J is due, I am beginning to feel the pressure (nesting kicking in) to get the house ready! We built our house two years ago, but I am already feeling like it needs to be freshened up. Mr. Wilson and I are realizing that baby J is going to make us out grow our house very quickly, so with these little projects at least the house will look good as we bust the seams:)

This week we are having the entire house power washed and repainted. We are also having a landscape artist come out and draw up plans to make our existing landscaping better. We hope to have this completed by next week, as well as having additional gutters added to the house. When you build a house in South Louisiana you get triple crown molding, but no screens or gutters. It makes zero sense to me. When we first moved in we added gutters to the areas of the house we thought needed it. Now we're having trouble getting grass to grow on the sides of the house so we're hoping the gutters will help.

Next week is my baby shower, so I have to have baby J's room cleaned out. Mr. Wilson's LSU room has to go. The Brummett bunch is staying with us for the weekend, so I need to make some room for the girls!

The week after the shower we are having the entire inside of the house repainted. This project is a little overwhelming. Everything must be moved to the center of rooms and all paintings and decorations must be taken down. I highly recommend never using flat paint in your house. It looks great, but is shows every little bump and scratch. We are keeping all of the colors the same, but using an Eggshell finish. Once the painting is done, we put the house back together, and have it deep cleaned it will be time to make some real progress in the nursery!

Okay, now I am really tired!

3 comments:

Meet the Brummett's April 6, 2009 at 4:46 PM  

wheww! I'm tired just reading all of that...nothing will empty your wallets as quickly as a baby! I can't wait to see the finished product and to see you! Loves

Lisa April 7, 2009 at 5:25 PM  

Thats lots of work, but it will get done. Sounds like someone is nesting to me : )

Kristy Sola April 8, 2009 at 1:24 PM  

Yeah we are still adjusting but we are so happy to be with JJ again. I can't believe you are only a couple months from having your baby boy. I was just updating JJ on you guys yesterday actually cause he never checks out anyones blog. We are so excited for you guys and I love to see your updates. Hope you are feeling great and not too uncomfortable yet: )

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails