Search This Blog

Jackson Christopher!

>> Saturday, June 13, 2009

Jackson Christopher Wilson was born at 7:45 pm on Tuesday, June 9, 2009. He is absolutely perfect in every way and I cannot believe how much I love this little guy. We are all in complete shock at how big he is for being 4 weeks early - 7 lbs. 13 oz. and 20" long. His feet were the biggest in the nursery and his pediatrician told me that I must have had my dates wrong because there's nothing premature about Jackson:)

The last time I posted I was waiting to go back to the doctor at 1 pm to get checked again. I was at 7 cm and admitted to the hospital around 2:30 and at 3:30 my doctor came to break my water and order the Pitocine. By 5 pm the contraction were very intense, I thought about not getting an epidural... but after an hour of these contractions I was ready for it! The epidural was completely painless for me, the hardest part was to hold still during my contractions.

About 20 minutes after I had my epidural I started to feel pressure. My wonderful nurse, Ellen, came in to check me and I was at 9 cm. She had me do some practice pushes and we were ready to go. My doctor came in at 7:20 and Jackson was born at 7:45.

The delivery went exactly how I imagined it, as far as being relaxed and with Mr. Wilson and my mom. My doctor was not on call, but insisted on coming in to deliver me. About the only thing I wasn't prepared for was how I would be physically after the delivery. My bottom was very sore and I had a hard time controlling my bladder the first day. I feel better and better every day, but getting in and out of bed the first few days was not fun. I am breast feeding and we are both doing well with that, we get better with every feeding.

And, finally here are some pictures of our family of three!
Last belly pic


Getting to the hospital - 7 cm


Proud Daddy


I'm a Mommy


Little blondie


Our first family pic


Getting ready to go home


On our way home!


Hanging out




Watching the LSU baseball game with Daddy tonight

6 comments:

Christina June 14, 2009 at 2:39 AM  

AMAZING!!!!!!! Congrats super woman he is perfect! Time for a cocktail!!!!!!

Lisa June 14, 2009 at 10:13 AM  

He is PRECIOUS!!! CONGRATS Mommy!!

Kevin Dennstaedt June 14, 2009 at 8:09 PM  

yipee! what a great delivery! I think I would have 10 more if my stories were more like yours :) I share a birthday with beautiful baby wilson! :)

Tabitha June 15, 2009 at 12:21 AM  

He is absolutely precious!! CONGRADULATIONS!!!

Tim and Heather June 19, 2009 at 9:44 PM  

so sweet! Keep the pictures coming!!

Kristy Sola June 21, 2009 at 10:31 PM  

Congratulations!!! He is so cute and you look amazing and sooo happy. We are so happy for your new little family. Enjoy every minute cause it goes by sooo fast.

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails