Search This Blog

Life Lately

>> Thursday, June 18, 2009

Since Jackson was born on June 9th I have lost all track of time! I am trying to remember what we have done in the first couple of weeks with our little man. We were in the hospital until Thursday afternoon. I honestly cannot remember what we did our first weekend at home. I know we didn't go anywhere and only had a few visitors, which was nice. My parents and a friend kept us stocked up on food.

Monday, June 15th was Jackson's first doctor's appointment. He did so well, he weighed 7lbs. 6oz. He was a little jaundice, but not enough to worry about. This week he has been eating and pooping so well, I am sure its all out of his system now. We will go back to the doctor on Wednesday next week. Later in the day Jackson got to meet his Aunt Taylor and Cousin Koen for the first time.

Tuesday our little man turned one week old. I feel like I can't quit holding and loving on Jackson. I know he won't be this small and cuddly for long, so I was to cherish every moment of it. The love that I have for him is indescribable, I can hardly remember life without him! Tuesday my sister and dad came in from St. Louis, so we have had a very busy week with them. It has been so special to watch my dad and sister fall in love with Jackson. He was held and loved on so much Tuesday night that he had a hard time sleeping.

Wednesday Jackson's umbilical cord feel off, and let me tell you he has one cute belly button! I left Jackson with my mom and sister and went to run some errands with my dad. It was nice to get out of the house for a little bit, but it felt so weird to not have Jackson with me.

Thursday my sister and I gave Jackson his first bath, and he LOVED it!!! We were so surprised because Jackson hates to be naked or have his diaper changed. He was like a little water baby in the bath.

My dad left on Friday and it was very sad, he is so afraid that Jackson won't know who he is because he lives so far away and we don't get to see him very often. My sister headed back to St. Louis on Saturday, but she will be back in the middle of July. So her goodbye was much easier. Mr. Wilson and I got caught up on house work on Saturday and some sleep. We even took Jackson out to dinner and ice cream, he was so good and slept the entire time. He did so good, we even ran to Target on the way home!

Sunday we celebrated Mr. Wilson's first Father's Day. We spent the early afternoon with Mr. Wilson's mom's family and the evening with his dad's family. It was a really nice day, but very long!

So that's what we have been up to lately. I cannot believe that Jackson will be two weeks tomorrow. This makes me very sad, time is going by way too fast and our little man is growing so fast! We have another appointment with the pediatrician on Wednesday and our having his newborn pictures taken on Friday. I have a lot of pictures to upload to my computer, but here are some to hold you over:)


Lisa June 24, 2009 at 1:22 PM  

It does go by WAY too fast. Enjoy every moment. And he is the cutest thing ever!

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails