Search This Blog

Two Months

>> Sunday, August 9, 2009

Where has the time gone? How is my newborn now a two month old?!? Jackson has been such a dream come true, I am so so sad that my maternity leave is coming to an end. I have no idea how I am going to leave my little guy.

To catch you up on life since my last post, we had a great visit with Aunt Megan. I am bummed that we don't live closer to each other because it is so neat to watch her and Chris with Jackson. We took a trip to the beach with my family and it was a very needed vacation for Mr. Wilson and I. Jackson did really well, we had a couple of long nights - but considering we had a six week old at the beach, everything went great. It was also nice to have Mr. Wilson around for the week. He really feels like he misses out on a lot when he's at work.

My best friend and her twin girls also came to meet Jackson and stay with us for a few days. Stephanie and I have been friends since childhood. There was a minute that I had to catch my breath, I couldn't believe that we have real babies and aren't just playing house like we did when we were little girls.

Jackson's two month check up went great. He handled his shots much better than I anticipated. He cries harder during a diaper change then he did for his two shots. We will go back at three months for another shot. Jackson weighed 11.2 and was 23 inches long. That puts him in the 50% percentile for his height, weight and head circumference. I am still breast feeding and plan to pump when I go back to work. Jackson is still eating every 3-4 hours on average and has yet to sleep through the night. He is my son, he's a night owl and doesn't wake up for the day until 10-11 am!

I am going to try and soak up every minute with Jackson this week, my last week of maternity leave. I'm sure I'll start blogging more regularly again once I'm back at work and on a schedule.

Here are some recent pictures for you:















2 comments:

Tim and Heather August 9, 2009 at 7:00 PM  

Kristen, I know it will be hard to leave him, but just think of how great it will be to come back to him! It'll be nice that you're easing back into it. The pic in is bouncy seat is great- that's the one Diane Henry just bought us this weekend, and I bet it will be used a lot! And the pic of him smiling is too precious!! How great that you got it on camera :)

Kristy Sola August 10, 2009 at 11:58 PM  

He is getting so big and even cuter by the day. It's crazy how fast it all goes by. We are so happy for you guys and love to see your sweet little updates.

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails