Search This Blog

One year and 6 months ago...

>> Friday, December 10, 2010

@7:45p.m. our lives changed forever as our son was placed in my arms. I had no idea what life was about to be like. I was in no way shape or form prepared for the love my heart was about to explode with. Today my baby is 18-months-old, just 6 months shy of his second birthday, and my heart is bursting at the seams.

This next month is going to be so full change and transition, as they all are, but this is different. I'm confident that Jackson will flourish, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little terrified.

I'm pretty sure this is the last month that I can refer to my son's age in months. He's no long a baby, he's a year and a half old. How did this happen so fast?!?

Jackson's surgery date, the 20th, is coming up on us so quickly. I find myself questioning whether or not we're making the right decision. Putting your child under anesthesia isn't something to take lightly. It was much easier to look forward to when he was sick and I could tell he was in pain. However, he's been healthy for a couple of weeks and now I question if the fluid has magically drained from his ears. I doubt it, but I'm being honest here:)

Jackson is nursing for shorter periods of time, and I think he's about ready to wean. I won't start this until after he's recovered from the tubes and adenoid removal. But, just knowing this phase is coming to an end makes me sad...and my uterus start to crave another baby.

We weren't able to find a suitable nanny replacement for our Fee, so Jackson will be going to our neighbors for "daycare". We're actually thrilled about this solution and think it's the best of both worlds. When Amanda offered up her services, it just felt right. She has three kids of her own that Jackson loves, so she clearly knows what's she doing:) She'll have a couple of babies during the day, so they will all get social interaction from one another. I really hate waking Jackson up in the morning and packing him up, but walking next door isn't bad. And, if I forget something, Amanda can always walk over and grab it. Not that I want that to happen, but it's one less thing to stress over.

Another transition we're going through right now is that Jackson wants to do everything himself. He wants to brush his own teeth and feed himself completely. Jackson loves to use his fork and spoon, and wipe his hands and mouth. He also LOVES to eat bananas. And by love, I mean that if we let him, he'll eat 3 in one day.

I'm hoping that Jackson will sleep better and start to talk more after his surgery. As of right now, Jackson only has a few words that he says consistently:

oh shit (yes, my son has his momma's potty mouth, and he knows when to say it)
all done
momma
dad-da
woof
uh oh
nana
yes


Jackson can point to his eyes, nose, ears, mouth and belly button. He loves to give knuckles and blow kisses bye. His favorite pass time is to move furniture or push anything he can. Sometimes his strength amazes me. Jackson is a climber. He climbs the kitchen island, the cabinets, the stools, chairs, the table. I swear he's like a little monkey.

Jackson also loves to sit in his rocking chair and watch his shows, but he always makes sure you're watching him. Yes, he's cute and he totally knows it:)

Jackson still wears size 5 diapers, size 6 extra wide shoes, and 18-24 months - 2T clothes. I'll have update with his height and weight tonight, but he's getting taller and slimmer. Jackson is still solid, but his gooey rolls are trimming down.

I ask that you keep us in your thoughts and prayers this month, especially as we get closer to his surgery date!

Loves:)



Photobucket

6 comments:

Jamie December 10, 2010 at 2:17 PM  

you will be shocked at how easy surgery is. hospitals, nurses, doctors have it down. the hardest part was not feeding him in the morning. i'm sure it will be a fast surgery like kane's was- we didn't even have time to finish our coffee. good luck to your precious family with everything going on!

Amy December 10, 2010 at 2:19 PM  

He is so darn cute I just want to squeeze him! I'll be thinking of that sweet boy when he has his surgery. Since we found out brady had his umbilical hernia, surgery is always in the back of my mind and I know just the 'thought' hurts my heart, so i know going through it with it can't be easy and the decision to do it was never taken lightly. You're a great momma!

Glad to hear the daycare situation worked out and it sounds like a great setup!

18 months for us is only 4 months away. sniff sniff. 18 months is like big boy time...i think i'll have a harder time with that than a year! LOL

Lindsey B December 10, 2010 at 2:40 PM  

I am dying over the fact that he says Oh Shit. I have a feeling Kate will be using that phrase as well!

We will be praying for your family with Jackson's upcoming surgery.

Lisa December 10, 2010 at 3:48 PM  

LOL @ him saying Oh shit...too funny! On another note, they do grow up so fast. I remeber when Kay started to want to do everything by herself and its a tough pill to swallow...and it only gets WORSE!

Jennifer December 10, 2010 at 8:16 PM  

I look at Anthony and say the same things to myself. I can't believe my second son is 20 months old already. Time really flies. The difference is I don't think my uterus is craving another one..LOL! I am glad you have found a solution for the daycare. Sounds like it will all work out. I will keep you and Jackson in my prayers for his surgery. Know that you are doing the right thing in the long run :)

KJJ Houston December 12, 2010 at 9:05 PM  

Ill be thinking of yall when he goes in for surgery. I cried when Jack went in (he had surgery for his throat) went, but he was in the best hands, and when he woke up I was RIGHT there! That part was a little hard b/c he didnt know what was going on waking up so groggy, but other than that, it was really easy!

PS- I saw that you said you might be able to come down for the Houston blogger meet up, I hope you still get to make it! Would love to meet you in person!
xo
Jess

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails