Search This Blog

St. Louis Road trip

>> Monday, December 6, 2010

I know this is quiet a bit late in posting, but better late than never:)

The Tuesday afternoon before Thanksgiving, we packed up the Honda again and made our way up North to St. Louis. Our travel strategy was a little different then our trip back in September. Instead of leaving at sunrise, we left at noon. No matter which way you do it, 12 hours is a long ass time to be in the car!

Jackson fell asleep for his afternoon nap as soon as we got on the road, which was great. He slept until about 3p.m., and woke up completely content. He played and watched lots of Elmo on his portable DVD player that Santa brought him early last Thanksgiving. We only use it on road trips, and it's on my top list for must haves! Anyway, we stopped in Jackson, Mississippi for dinner and a diaper change just before bedtime (7pm). I changed Jackson into his PJs, gave him his blanket, and he literally slept until we got to my sister's house and she loved on him until he woke up. It was a picture perfect road trip!

The next four days were a complete blur. 

Wednesday we unpacked, shopped, ate and prepared for Thanksgiving.

Thursday we played in the snow, which Jackson absolutely hated, and had a wonderful day with my family. My grandpa was even able to join us for Thanksgiving dinner and I'm so thankful for that. His health has declined so much since last year.

On Friday we did more shopping and got everything ready for my sister's baby shower - which also included decorating her house for Christmas.  By the end of the night, her house was a sea of pink and Christmas mixed together. The boys entertained themselves with lots of beer, pizza and football:)

Saturday was Megan's shower and it was perfect. From the cake to the flowers, everything was great. Of course, I was too busy hosting and chasing Action Jackson around so I didn't get many pictures. Thank goodness I thought ahead and asked Katie to snap a few pictures! After the shower we spent a few hours putting the finishing touches on Amelia's nursery, and made one last run to Pottery Barn Kids...at 9 p.m. And yes, I had my whole family to pack up and get ready to leave in the morning. I think I'm just now catching up on my sleep! We literally shopped til we dropped for Miss Amelia:)

The ride home wasn't as picture perfect, but we made it. Again, the portable DVD player saved the day and Mr. and I would be totally fine if we never heard Elmo's voice again:) We left at 10a.m. and got home at 10p.m., but Jackson only slept about an hour the whole way. He wasn't bad, but it's hard to be a busy toddler stuck in a car seat for 12 hours. I guess you're never to young to go stir crazy!

Happy Thanksgiving (weeks late) from the Wilson's:)
Jackson was ready to hit the road:)

Totally not in love with the cold, white, fluffy stuff falling from the sky

I just LOVE these two boys!

My grandpa and us

My dad and Jackson

Jackson got a new rocking chair, it was my dad's as a child
My mom, sister and me - Megan's Shower

where's Jackson?!?
Photobucket

5 comments:

Lindsey B December 6, 2010 at 5:38 PM  

I'm glad y'all had such a great Thanksgiving!

Your entire family is so cute! I bet you are beyond excited as you await the arrival of your sweet niece!

Ashley December 6, 2010 at 5:45 PM  

you forgot to mention a pretty cute baby you got to see! JK, love ya!

Cherie December 6, 2010 at 8:22 PM  

Love your blog, I just recently discovered it. My son, Lucas, is a couple months older than Jackson. Do you mind telling me what portable DVD player you have? I have been thinking about getting one to use on the plane trip we'll be taking next spring. Thanks!

Ashley December 7, 2010 at 8:25 PM  

I always love to look at your pictures! You simply take the best ones :)

Jennifer December 7, 2010 at 10:18 PM  

Better late then never :) Sounds like you had a very eventful and fun weekend with your family. After all that you did, no wonder you have been exhausted!! I am sure it is going to be nice when your sister had the baby. Jackson is going to have a little cousin to push around :) And I am so with you on the Elmo DVD's for the car ride. Hope you have a great week...

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails