Search This Blog

Things to remember

>> Friday, July 1, 2011

It is truly amazing to watch your baby grow into a toddler in what seems like overnight. The rate in which these little tots grow before your eyes makes me catch my breath sometimes. One week can totally change everything.

This phase too shall pass.

In a period of 7 short days, Jackson as gone from clinging to me and wrapping his arms around my neck for dear life from the moment he wakes up to the moment his teacher has to peel him out of my arms to leaping out of bed and running into his classroom without even waving bye!

This phase too shall pass.

On Monday morning Jackson woke up and you could just tell his attitude about school had changed. Mr. took him and came home in shock. Jackson went in without a fuss and sat in his chair and waited for breakfast. There were definitely some high fives at the Wilson's!

This phase too shall pass.

Fast forward to Thursday - I walked into Jackson's room to wake him up and he stood up and greeted me with "HI Momma!". I picked out a new shirt from Loli for him to wear and he started squealing. I couldn't get him dressed fast enough before he was running for the door to go to school. When we got there, he didn't want me to carry him in. Oh no, my big boy had to walk in. I asked if he was ready for school and he roared YES and took off. No wave, no kiss bye, no looking back!

I just could not believe what a difference one week made!

Last night I was thinking about my little man and just had to get out of bed to peek in on him. I guess he was thinking about me too because at 10:30PM he was sitting up in his bed and was so excited I came to check on him. I decided to bring him to bed with us because well, sometime we just need some cuddles and babies grow too fast!

This phase too shall pass.

When we got back to our bed Jackson cuddled up and smiled the biggest smile and did a little dance before we all snoozed the night away.

These are the memories I want to remember for a lifetime:)

Lastly, I'll leave you with a recap from this morning because this phase too shall pass.

Mr. brought Jackson into our bathroom to say bye before dropping him off. I asked Jackson for a kiss, and in typical boy style, he made me fight for my sugars. As they were walking away, our conversation went like this:

Momma: I love you boys
Jackson: Love you
Momma: Be a sweet boy today
Jackson: You too, bye-bye

This just made me smile, I hope I can be a sweet boy today. I'd hate to disappoint:)

Happy long weekend loves!!!
Photobucket

1 comments:

Amber July 3, 2011 at 6:25 PM  

It is absolute craziness how fast our little ones grow! I use my blog to recap every moment that I can :). I love the "you too!" HA!

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails