Search This Blog

Beach Bums x3

>> Thursday, September 1, 2011

A couple of weekends ago my little family was lucky enough to go to the beach for a third time this summer. There is just something about the sand on my feet and the beach air against my skin that makes me feel alive. I cannot begin to tell you how much I needed this third trip!

Mr.'s mom planned a little getaway for herself, her sister-in-law, her step-daughter, and her two daughter-in-laws and three grandsons.  It was a perfect girls trip that made for some much needed bonding and connecting! Everyone went up for the entire week, but with my work schedule I couldn't sneak away until the last part of the week. 

After work on Wednesday, Mr. packed Jackson and me into my car and watched us drive away once again! Only our good-bye wasn't too bad since he and his brother planned on crashing the girl's trip the very next night:)

Jackson did amazing {thank you DVD player, Lightning McQueen, and Buzz Lightyear} despite the endless traffic and my excitement to get to the beach!

We woke up bright and early on Thursday and listened to the waves crash as we all sipped our coffee and watched the three boys trade cars, share Cheerio's, and test out their mightiest dinosaur roars! Then it was time for the beach.  I needed some sun on my face and sand in my toes:)



The big boys made it to the condo late Thursday afternoon and Mr.'s step-dad was able to meet us on Friday, so the girls trip actually turned into a family vacation at the beach!

The weather was beautiful and the sun was intense.  We had a wonderful time, which of course includes too much eating and drinking...and napping on floats:)

On our last night, we went back to Bud & Alley's at Seaside and I was reminded just how good God is.  We sat and laughed with family and watched the sun set.  And as I attempted to hold my oh so busy toddler, I realized that we were sitting at the same table Mr. and I sat during our "baby making" trip way back when.  Needless to say it was much, much later before we actually got pregnant - we were blissfully naive!
If you're lucky enough to be at the beach, you're lucky enough:)
Photobucket

2 comments:

KJJ Houston September 1, 2011 at 7:01 PM  

omg the napping on the float...soooo cute

Jennifer September 1, 2011 at 10:36 PM  

It is awesome to hear that your beach trip was a success!! Seems like Jackson has turned into a terrific traveler. Spending much needed quality time is priceless, treasure it always :)

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails