Search This Blog

Test results...

>> Monday, September 5, 2011

Just a quick post to let everyone know that Jackson's immunology test results came back and everything was normal! While this is such wonderful news, it still means that we don't have the answers as to why he's always sick. But, we are overjoyed that there wasn't an underlying immune deficiency that was going undiagnosed.

Jackson is tolerating the antibiotics pretty well, even now that I'm dosing him correctly...momma fail moment last week when Mr. discovered I was only giving him 1/2 of the dose prescribed. I couldn't figure out why all three of Jackson's doctors were calling to check on him.  I knew the prescription was very aggressive, but I was shocked when we realized we were supposed to give it to him twice a day.  Now I know why everyone was so concerned, I thought it was a lot just once a day!

Anyway, we're dosing correctly now and have about 4.5 more weeks to go. We have decided to wait on allergy testing until Jackson's done with the antibiotics. I'd hate to put him through another test if his issues are because of an infection somewhere and not allergies!

I hope y'all are having a nice holiday weekend. We've enjoyed the blustery, raining weather from Tropical Storm Lee and have slept more hours than we've been awake! Jackson especially needed to catch up and rest his little body:)

More updates soon...
Photobucket

5 comments:

Claire September 5, 2011 at 12:44 PM  

We will definitely be praying for little j i surely hope that all works out well!

Amy September 6, 2011 at 10:23 PM  

I'm glad it's not an immune deficiency but bummer you haven't really figure it out.

Has he had any allergy testing yet? We tested Brady for a few things (wheat, corn, milk, dogs, cats and a few others) because he developed that rash right after he started milk so we were concerned it was from that. Anyway, it was so easy, I never thought i'd say that! :) He didn't even flinch but it was the scratch test, I know some doctors do blood which can take a while :( if you are testing for a lot. (been there myself...boo)

Anyway, sorry for my rambles,i really hope you can get to the bottom and get him better.

Jennifer September 8, 2011 at 12:53 PM  

I am glad to hear the good news. The fact that Jackson does not have an immune disease it great. But it still leaves unanswered questions. I think it is going to be a process of elimination and I know you will have answers soon. Thankful to hear you got his meds figured out :)

Karen At Home Blog September 11, 2011 at 9:11 PM  

Thinking about your sweet boy! What an ordeal he has been through. Glad the tests turned out and pray you find and answer soon!

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails