Search This Blog

Dr. Jack

>> Friday, August 3, 2012

As much as this morning sucked, and I do mean SUCKED, I want to write down these moments that assure me we are raising one fine little man.

I mentioned in my last couple of baby posts that my back pain has reared its ugly head once again in this pregnancy. With Jackson, it started at exactly 11 weeks and I spent a week in the hospital on a morphine drip. Not exactly what you'd call typical pregnancy back pain. Aches and pains are to be expected, but this is on a whole new playing field.

This morning started sweet and all cuddles as our little dude awoke as happy as could be and greeted us in our bedroom as my first alarm started to go off. And with his sweet smile and kisses, Jackson joined us for a Friday morning cuddle session until the snooze alarm went off.

I begrudgingly got out of bed, which was only made possible by the tickle monster, as Jackson was determined to keep me in bed 'cause it was Saturday - no Friday!

And that is when my morning took a turn for the worst.

My back pain slowly got more and more intense until I could barely finish my shower. It was all I could do to wrap myself in a towel and make it to the closest floor (which is carpeted). I laid on the floor curled up in the fetal position trying to breath through the pain.

As bad as it gets, I do know that it will eventually subside. I started to quietly weep and pray that Mr. would make his way back to the bedroom... he was busy making coffee and couldn't hear me calling for him.  However, Jackson did and oh my gosh did he melt my heart.

He wiped the tears from my face and asked if he should take me to the doctors. When I told him that I was okay, momma's back just hurt real bad, he kissed my back and said he'd be right back with medicine and a band-aide.

I asked him to just get daddy.

A minute later, my sweet boy brought me my pillow and put it under my head. Next, he brought all of his medicine from his bathroom (nose spray and Singular) and told me that they'd make me all better. He couldn't reach the band-aides, so finally Mr. came back to see what all the commotion was about.

Thank goodness, Mr. was able to get me some extra strength pain reliever and take Jackson's medication back to his room.  Jackson sat right by my side until I was ready to peel myself off of the floor.  To say this morning made Mr. and I nervous as hell would be an understatement.  I just pray that the pain doesn't get as bad as it did with Jackson...and that Tylenol continues to rid the pain!
 Photobucket

4 comments:

Ashley August 3, 2012 at 12:47 PM  

Ohhhh no this is awful! I hope yuo get to feeling better soon and I hope you can rest in bed ALL weekend, thnking of you and your sweet girl... and boys. Ohh how very sweet of a boy Jackson is, and I'm sure Jason too :)

Maria Randolph August 3, 2012 at 1:02 PM  

I hope you feel better! Let me know if I can do anything to help...Love you!

Anonymous,  August 3, 2012 at 1:07 PM  

Poor momma!! I'll be praying for you!I hope you called in sick or can "work" from home! That is horrible!

KJJ Houston August 4, 2012 at 11:12 PM  

this is the sweetest thing I have ever heard, love him! Takin care of his mama!! Sweet boy!
So sorry you are having THIS much pain, I hope it gets better before it gets worse!

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails