Search This Blog

30-A Beach Getaway!

>> Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A few weeks ago, the boys and I packed up the new Acadia and headed to the beach for 9 amazing days!  Our Christmas present from Mr.'s mom was a family trip to the beach for all of us.  She found a great house right off of 30-A, one of my most favorite places, that was on the beach and large enough to house all 11 of us!

Randolph Family Beach Trip 2012
We had a great time hanging out on the beach and watching the three cousins bury themselves and their toys in the sand. It's amazing how much they have all grown since our little trip last year!



We cooked some nights and ventured out to Red Bar, Seaside and Baytowne Wharf other nights.  Nana and Papaw were even brave enough to babysit the boys one night so the siblings could enjoy a little night out on the town.  From Alys Beach to Watercolor, a night of fun was surely had by all!



Sister-in-laws at Caliza Restaurant in Alys Beach - AMAZING!
Just before sunset, me and my handsome hubby:)
Finishing date night with dessert, pool and fireside, at The Gathering Spot in Watercolor
Long walks down the beach were taken every day, as Jackson was on a mission to find pretty seashells both for himself and his sister.  Huge sandcastles were built - and knocked down because little boys find that to be way more fun! And a few seagulls may have been somewhat tortured at they were chased down the beach by Action Jackson.

I sat with my toes in the sand and buried myself in two great books.  I read Emily Giffin's newest book, Where We Belong and Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.  Two very different books, but equally as good!
The best part of the vacation was being with my boys with little distraction from the outside world.  We unplugged the best that we could and really soaked up our time together as a family.  It was most likely our last vacation as a family of three and my last week of my 20's!



"If you're lucky enough to be at the beach, you're lucky enough!"

 Photobucket

1 comments:

Allie September 7, 2012 at 11:09 PM  

I love all the pics mama! You look amazing, you are seriously glowing!!! I cannot wait to "meet" the new addition!!!

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails