Search This Blog

Turning Thirty

>> Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I have to say turning the big 3-0 and entering this next decade of my life has been far better then I expected. 

The beginning of my 20's were spent being let down by loser boyfriends and completed over-rated hype.  And then I moved to Louisiana, met my Mr. and experienced three hurricanes during the days and hours leading up to my birthday.  Seriously, three out of the eight birthdays I've celebrated since living in the south have been shared with Hurricanes Katrina, Gustav and Isaac. 

Thankfully, we haven't suffered any harm during these hurricanes.  Just a little panic, manic trips to the grocery store and some time off of work to watch the weather channel incessantly...with an oh, by the way, happy birthday!

This year was oh so different.  This year was more than special and definitely anything but overlooked or overshadowed.  

On the morning of my 30th birthday, we were all still overjoyed with the birth of my niece, Ellie.  My office stayed closed until noon, so Mr. and Jackson let me sleep in and listen to the rain.  Birthday wishes were shouted from my office, my friends and family.  And my boys stole my heart when I returned home from a half day at the office. 

Jackson greeted me in the garage and hurried me into the house as fast as he could, all while saying Happy Birthday, Mommy over and over again.  If that wasn't enough to completely melt my heart, when I got inside Mr. had candles lit on the most beautiful cake and my boys sang to me!  Sweetest moment ever...followed by Mr.'s recreation of my grandma's mastacholi pasta dinner, a walk around the pond and amazing presents.
Besides feeling overwhelmed with joy and love on my actual birthday, I just know that this next decade is going to be the best yet. So much to be thankful for, so much to look forward to and so much life to live!

Photobucket

1 comments:

Jennifer September 21, 2012 at 10:22 PM  

Happy Birthday Momma! Welcome to the thirties!! LOL! You are going to have many great years ahead :-)

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails