Search This Blog

Cook baby cook

>> Saturday, May 23, 2009

I feel like the past 24 hours have been a dream or something. I went in Friday at noon to be checked again and I was almost 4 cm dilated so my doctor admitted me to the hospital to monitor my contractions. During the 30 minutes of being monitored I had a contraction about every 10 minutes. My doctor ordered a steroid shot to help mature Jackson's lungs and more observation in the hospital. I immediately starting taking medicine every 4 hours to slow down the contractions and was hooked up to IV fluids. By 4 pm I hadn't dilated anymore, but am now 80-90% effaced and Jackson's head is as low as it can be.

The night was rough, getting up to pee every hour hooked up to all that equipment is not fun. Mr. Wilson knew I got up a lot at night, but he couldn't believe that I am up at least once an hour. I had some pretty rough contractions around 4 am, but the medicine was able to get those under control pretty quickly. My doctor let me go home this morning, but I'm on bed rest for the next couple of weeks. I am getting another steroid shot this afternoon and hope to make it until 36 weeks. After I get to 36 weeks my doctor will take me off of the contraction medicine and let nature take its course.

On a side note, all of my nurses said that I had the prettiest pregnant belly and that Jackson was doing beautifully. He is handling the contractions so well, please pray that this continues and he cooks a little longer!

3 comments:

Ashley May 26, 2009 at 12:50 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley May 26, 2009 at 12:51 PM  

Hope that baby keeps a cookin for ya!!!
Keep us updated, we are thinking about you!

Tabitha May 26, 2009 at 3:13 PM  

lots and lots of prayers are going up for you and that precious baby!

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails