Search This Blog

Skeet Shoot Vacation

>> Tuesday, March 23, 2010

For the past ten years Mr. has participated in an annual skeet shoot. This past weekend was the 11th skeet shoot in Fredericksburg, Texas. This skeet shoot just isn't any old skeet shoot. It's a celebration and honor of life to a guy named Ryan. He was a good friend of ours best friend, who passed away 11 years ago.

After Ryan's death his closest friends from Louisiana and Texas decided to get together once a year in his honor. This is how the annual skeet shoot came about. Each year the shoot rotates from Louisiana to Texas. The group has grown from Ryan's closest friends and family to a group of 100+.

The once young, college boys are now husbands and some fathers. The group has expanded to friends of friends, wives, children, and grandparents. Mr. and I obviously never met Ryan, but you would never know that. Having been a part of the shoot for the past six years, I think that I can say it is truly an amazing group of people.

Last year we had just found out that we were having a boy. This year Mr. was so excited to take Jackson to his first shoot. We had been planning this trip for months. Jackson will never remember it, but we made some awesome memories!

Thursday morning we woke up super early Mr. threw us in the car at the crack of dawn and we headed to Frederickburg. We got to town around noon, just in time to enjoy the city and the awesome weather. We stayed at a Bed & Breakfast because it was much cheaper than staying in a hotel. The breakfast was less than desirable, but the house made up for that. It was much bigger than I imagined it would be! Jackson was able to be "at home" which was really nice.

We spent the day shopping and ate dinner at this great restaurant called Bejas Grill on Main St. We headed back to the house and got ready for bed pretty early. It had been a long day that started way earlier than normal for us!

Friday morning Mr. walked to a coffee house and got us some German pastries. When he got back we found out the that B&B had no coffee. GASP! So we put Jackson in his stroller and walked to a coffee house. We enjoyed our coffee and shopped a little more:) For lunch we headed to an authentic Mexican restaurant. Then we headed to Grape Creek Winery for a wine tasting. Jackson is such a little trooper! After the tasting we went to a place called Lincoln St and had a cheese tray on the patio. Mr. and I had to Lincoln St. a couple years back, in our courting days:)The atmosphere is awesome! Before the sun set we headed out to the shoot for Mr. to get some practice in. He doesn't get to shoot much, so he needed a little practice.

The weather turned absolutely freezing on us Saturday, the day of the actual shoot. So a caravan of 7 SUVs and my car headed to a place called Alamo Springs Cafe. Their hamburger was voted 3rd best in the state of Texas. It was amazing! After lunch we all bundled up and headed to the shoot. Thank goodness, there was a warm house for us to hang out in while to guys shot. Jackson and I visited with the other women and babies all day. We had a great time and by that night, we're exhausted!

Jackson has proved to be an awesome traveler. He was so tired by Sunday, he literally slept the whole way home! Momma on the hand was ready to get home and out of the car.

Here are some of my favorite pictures from the trip. I am going to start watermarking my photos, just for safety. I am certainly not trying to be a professional!











7 comments:

Anonymous,  March 23, 2010 at 2:09 PM  

you look so skinny! i need to look into b12!

Momma Wilson March 23, 2010 at 3:26 PM  

Hello, you were with me the whole week and didn't think I looked any different. It was just good camera angles:) But, I do love my B12!

Ashley March 23, 2010 at 3:30 PM  

are you starting a photog business?
Those pictures were all TOO cute!!!

Glad you guys had a great trip!

Meant to be a mom March 23, 2010 at 3:46 PM  

What a fun trip. It sounds like you had a great time with the baby along with you this year. Your family is just beautiful. I love all the pictures.

Momma Wilson March 23, 2010 at 4:01 PM  

Ashley, I am going to start watermarking my pictures so no one steals them. I've had a few weirdos leave comments and thought this was a good idea. Totally not starting a business!

Megan March 24, 2010 at 9:30 PM  

I love your new header of your Family of 3! I wish I could get a good picture of my little family. Maybe I need to work on that! :) You're so brave traveling with a baby. We haven't gotten that adventurous yet! Oh, and thanks for the advice on the Beeba baby food maker!

@JessEsco September 14, 2010 at 10:47 AM  

Yummm I think we have to eat at that hamburger place. Thanks for the info!

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails