Search This Blog

Easter Weekend 2012

>> Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Our Easter weekend may have been the best weekend we've had in a long time! The fun started on Thursday nights and continued through Easter Sunday.

My little family of three enjoyed a beautiful night of dancing and drinks (Sprite for Jackson, of course) at Rhythms on the River Thursday night.  Jackson shares in our love for music and shakes his little booty to the beat!  Since Good Friday was the following day, it was nice to enjoy a night out without rushing home for bedtime.  However, we did sleep fast because our Shorty's were coming to visit in the morning!

Love my boys:)
As soon as Jackson woke up, he was ready to see his Shorty, Aume', 'melia's and baby Ellie Jayne!  

Yep, we're going to have another niece come late August!
Mr. cool dude
The next 48 hours flew by.
Miss diva getting her tan on!
We swam, we ate, we drank, we tanned, we ate, we laughed, we visited the Easter Bunny and we hunted eggs.  My step-brothers were also at my mom and step-dad's house for the weekend, which made for a full house! We wouldn't have it any other way though.  In fact, it's times like this past weekend that assure me we are doing the right thing by trying to grow our family.
Look Loli, I got my dino!
My mom and her girls + jackson
Loli & the grandkids
Love my sister - I hope Amelia and Ellie are the same!
Momma and her boys!
I am a little past the point of baby fever, but I don't think I'll ever get past the need for Jackson to have siblings.  All weekend I just wanted to pinch myself - we were all together, cousins playing, brother-in-laws bonding, uncles spoiling their niece and nephew, grandparents bursting with love.  We have fun and play hard.  Phones are left at the door.  TVs are off.  Music is playing.  Balls are thrown.  Swings are swung.  It's our happy place!
They are also my happy place:)

I digress.

Back to the bunny!
Hey Mr. Easter Bunny!
A bunny, from the bunny himself
Amelia thought the bunny was funny - from a distance
Just another reason why I love my family, nothing like a little bunny train ride!
Yes, we ALL went for a ride:)
The bunny came at Loli & Pop's!
Running with excitement to check out the loot!
The big boys literally put out hundreds of eggs for Jackson to hunt...hundreds!
Amelia charmed us with her sassy cuteness during the egg hunt:)
Jackson learned a southern tradition - pocking eggs
Sunday came way too fast and it was time to say good-bye to our Shorty's.  We crammed in as much fun and time together as possible, but 48-hours is just not long enough!
Kiki with her arms full, can't wait until next year!
Cousin LOVE

Easter 2011
The rest of our Easter was spent visiting with Mr.'s mom and her side of the family.  Jackson was spoiled by the Easter Bunny yet again, and had loads of fun playing with his cousin and Papaw!

Mr.'s birthday was yesterday, so we also enjoyed a delicious red-velvet cake that I baked from scratch.  If that doesn't scream love, then I don't know what does.  It's Mr.'s favorite kind of cake, and I have to say, it tasted quite delicious!
Photobucket

5 comments:

Val April 10, 2012 at 12:58 PM  

I love your tan and white striped dress...where did you get it?

Great pictures! Glad ya'll had a nice weekend with your family.

Momma Wilson April 10, 2012 at 1:20 PM  

Thanks, Val! I got the dress last week at Marshalls, it's so comfortable:)

Abbey April 10, 2012 at 9:11 PM  

Loved all the pictures! What sweet and cute little ones!!:)

Lea Liz April 10, 2012 at 9:57 PM  

Love the picture of Jackson and the bunny, looks like he loved him! Too cute! Love his jon-jon!
Love your dress-look great girl!!

Jennifer April 10, 2012 at 10:06 PM  

Happy Belated Easter!! I am so glad you had a nice time with your family, you needed it for sure :-) I love Jackson and Amelia...too cute together :-)

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails