Search This Blog

Keeping Busy!

>> Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Did this week drag on as slowly for you as it did for me?!?

One good thing about the week was that we were able to tackle a ton of house projects in order to keep good and distracted. However, I highly advise against starting to strip product off of your wood floors at 8PM at night...especially when your house is 90% hardwood. True story, and three full days of my house cleaner's magic later, the floors have been restored to their original beauty. If you own a bottle of orange glo wood floor cleaner - THROW IT AWAY! It almost ruined my floors!

Mr. power washed every inch of concrete and finally got rid of that new construction white powder that's been haunting me (and said floors) since the day we moved in.  You can basically eat off of our garage floor, sidewalk, driveway, patio and outdoor living space!

Speaking of our outdoor living space, I pinned this couch a few weeks ago and decided on a whim to order it.  Do you follow me on Pinterest? Mr. put together the couch while Jackson and I assembled our new coffee table, it was so easy. We're so in love! I've curled up on it pretty much every night after work and watched Jackson call for his lizards:) It's the little things!

Ah yes, so I bet you're probably wondering when I'm going to update about my cycle. Such anticipation, but unfortunately, I'm just not ready to go there...yet:) I will say that the 23rd of the month is my favorite day for two reasons now.  And I'm pretty sure all of my boys will proudly sport 23 as their lucky sport's number;)

Many updates will come soon, very soon.  I promise!

It's festival week and our other Wilson's are coming all the way down from St. Louis for a visit.  I think I may burst with excitement.  Only one more sleep!!!

Photobucket

10 comments:

Maria Randolph April 25, 2012 at 4:41 PM  

Wow, love the sofa! Glad you got the concrete pressure washed. Maybe that will help with the dust problem on your dark floors. I know its been driving you crazy. Love you!

Anonymous,  April 25, 2012 at 8:05 PM  

Sounds like good times at The Wilson household!! You did a beautiful job on the patio...it's stunning! Anyways...thought I'd pass this along, my friend Anna does a cleaning blog and always has the best tips...well she just did a post on cleaning her wood floors :)


http://www.askannamoseley.com/2012/04/how-to-clean-wood-floors.html

Sarah April 25, 2012 at 10:50 PM  

Yes on the orange glow! I used it a long time ago and it stripped the luster. Terrible stuff!!

KJJ Houston April 25, 2012 at 11:56 PM  

omg is it what I think it is? What we talked about before? Oh dont keep me waiting :) xoxoxo

KJJ Houston April 25, 2012 at 11:56 PM  

oh and I LOVE that outdoor couch!

Mrs. Harvey April 26, 2012 at 8:51 AM  

I can't wait for an update, and I love your patio! We definitely need to do something with ours! You are inspiring me!

Lea Liz April 27, 2012 at 12:19 PM  

Love your outside area, looks so relaxing!!

Can't wait to hear the news and why 23 is your all favorite number :)

Jennifer April 29, 2012 at 9:36 PM  

Ok, yes, we love the house project update...but we want the real updates!! LOL! I am still keeping my fingers crossed. Oh, and I am going to start following you on pinterest, I didn't know you were on ;-)

Ashley April 30, 2012 at 10:57 AM  

Your house is SO pretty, straight out of a catalog.
We had the BEST weekend with "ya'll"
:)

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails