Search This Blog

Sleep Boycott

>> Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Yes folks, that right, the boss of the house has decided that sleep is totally overrated and would much rather be carried around the house, bounced up and down, while having his back patted. His other preference is nursing, nursing and nursing a little more. I'm not sure if this is the dreaded "4-month wakeful period" or what, but Jackson is getting up more at night now then what he did when he was a week old.

For the past three nights Jackson will go down for bed and wake up between 11-12AM screaming. No amount of comfort will put this little man back to sleep. So what is a sleep deprived mama to do besides nurse her little man back to slumber land. All is great for another hour or so, but like clockwork, he's up again. We repeat this cycle all night. All night. I feel like a milk machine, shoving my breast into his mouth in hopes of another hour of sleep.

What happened to my sleeper? I know I complained about the initial bedtime wakefulness, but I'd much rather ten minutes of that to the all night sleep boycott we're having now!

I have tried Tylenol in case the ever present drool is an indication of teething. I've tried gas drops in case his tummy is upset. We've changed countless dry or slightly damp diapers. I've rocked, I've sang, I've bounced around the living room. Please tell me this phase will pass, soon!

3 comments:

Meet the Brummett's October 14, 2009 at 2:16 PM  

Girl, it WILL pass and hopefully he won't be like Ella and go through it until he is 15 mos old. Part of the wakefulness is that he is becoming even more aware of when you aren't around, so he just wants his mama. The plus side is that if the sleep situation doesn't get better, your body will get used to the new sleep habits, so you won't feel as tired! :)

Kelly October 14, 2009 at 3:19 PM  

You have a beautiful famuiy


I found you on a blogger site and wanted to say hi and just wanted to stop by and tell you about my cool giveaway........a peronalize wine glass *you chose what you want on it* hope you stop by and enter......good luck

have a great one

Tim and Heather October 15, 2009 at 7:57 AM  

Hey Kristen, I really like the new layout of your blog. Really cute! I know you must be so tired lately. I think Stephanie is right, he just wants to be with mama. Maybe he's going through a growth spurt? If he's eating all the time, some might be for comfort but some might be because he's so hungry! He's adorable, though :) Hopefully soon you can get some sleep!!

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails