Search This Blog

100 things

>> Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Meredith over at The Sweet T Family blog posted a 100 random things about herself and encouraged us to do the same. So, here we go! 100 things about me:

1. I knew the second I met Mr. that he was the man I was going to marry.
2. Mr. did not feel the same way, at first:)
3. We joke that I set the hook with football tickets, except that it was no joke!
4. I obsessively pluck my eyebrows, sometimes 3x a day
5. I rarely go a day without talking to my mom
6. I love being a Momma so much, sometimes it hurts
7. I haven't gone more than a day without nail polish on my toes for as long as I can remember
8. I used to bite my nails, and now I have very long, pretty nails that people often mistake as being fake
9. My parents divorced when I was 19. At the time is was the worst thing to happen to me.
10. In the end, it was the best thing that could have happened
11. I met Mr. while on vacation, visiting my mom and her new husband
12. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up
13. I thought that I would be a nurse, just like my mom
14. Mr. was going to be a nurse, until his first day of clinicals
15. Then he decided that he'd just study biology
16. His first job was with the wildlife and fisheries, he can tell you the scientific name of everything
17. Mr. was a huge nerd, but I secretly love that about him {well I guess not so secretly anymore:)}
18. The night I met Mr., I was convinced he was a sports jock, just my type
19. I couldn't have been more wrong, he's never played a day of football
20. Have I mentioned that I love my Mr.?!?
21. I LOVE pregnant bellies
22. I miss being pregnant...
23. But, I'm really not ready for #2
24. We already know that if/when we have #2 what we will name him/her
25. Benjamin Jacob or Matilda Jayne
26. I love my family more than I could ever put into words
27. I never knew how much closer I would be to my mom after I became a mom
28. I cried when we found out my sister was having a girl
29. I didn't cry once during my whole pregnancy, okay I did a few times when I was in ungodly pain and hospitalized at 11 weeks. It wasn't crazy pregnancy hormones though
30. I wish that I could have bottled up the feeling I had after Jackson. I think it was the opposite as ppd
31. I have insomnia, and it sucks
32. Mr. snores and makes a "poooo" sounds with his lips when he sleeps
33. Jackson does the same thing
34. My favorite thing about the weekends is family time in our bed every morning
35. I never imagined that I'd still be nursing Jackson
36. It took a lot to overcome the social pressure of "extended breastfeeding"
37. Now I don't know when I'll quit nursing
38. Okay, I won't do it forever. Hopefully Jackson will wean himself around 18 months
39. Speaking of, Jackson totally weaned himself of his lunchtime/nap time nursing session while we were in St. Louis
40. This meant that I stopped pumping this week at work
41. I feel lost without my pump, it's sitting in the back of my car waiting to be returned to the hospital...
42. I really, really wish my sister and her family lived closer to us
43. I love the Fall
44. Football season is my favorite
45. I think dressing a little boy is just as fun as a girl would be
46. Jackson gives the best hugs
47. Mr.'s touch gives me peace and comfort
48. I wish it was easier to stay connected sometimes
49. I have to work at our marriage, daily
50. Sometimes I think I suck at being a wife
51. I don't cook, or bake, or iron
52. Cleaning and organizing are my strengths
53. I clean for the cleaning lady every week, and want to fire her every week but never do
54. I hate cleaning toilets
55. My wedding day was the funnest day of my life and I would not have changed one thing
56. It rained all day the day of our wedding
57. The sun came out about an hour before we walked down the isle
58. My step-dad's mom married us
59. We don't believe in the word "step" as it relates to our "step families"
60. Both of our parents are divorced
61. My dad is the only one of our parents that isn't remarried
62. We had more grandmas walk down the isle at our wedding then bridesmaids
63. I was a cheerleader in both high school and college
64. I never wanted to be a cheerleader, but my best friend made me try out with her
65. Stephanie has been my best friend since the third grade
66. And I consider her a second sister
67. I'm so glad that my sister and I are close now that we are older
68. I regret not realizing that having a sister meant double the clothes, instead we fought and never shared
69. I smoked cigarettes in college and I regret that
70. I cannot stand the smell of smoke, it seriously grosses me out
71. I have never done drugs
72. I love being the lady of the house
73. Jackson's name was almost Jacob. I'm so glad we named him Jackson, it fits him well
74. Mr. losing his job was the best thing to happen to him
75. Our neighbors still drive me insane
76. My neck breaks out in hives when I'm upset or mad
77. I curse like a sailor
78. There's a good chance that Jackson's first word my be a bad word:)
79. I always had multiple jobs in school
80. I've been at my job since I graduated in 2004
81. I took me 7 months to get a job...okay 4 months once I started looking
82. I never just sit at home
83. We're more than blessed to have our nanny at home with Jackson
84. Some days I wish I could adopted her as my own, she's that wonderful
85. In 2006, Mr. and I went to every since LSU game - home and away
86. I love my family!
87. I make a lot of lists
88. It kills me that I still have yet to have Jackson baptized
89. Family means the world to me
90. I hate to sweat, and I sweat a lot
91. I cannot stand people that aren't real
92. Mr. wants two kids, and I hope for 3
93. Infertility did something to me, and it's frustrating and makes me feel grateful at the same time
94. I'm dyslectic
95. We don't believe in charging things - if we can't afford it, we don't buy it
96. But we use a credit card to earn airline points, if we charge something we pay it off on the same day
97. I believe in planning for our future
98. There are some days that I look at my life and wonder what I did to deserve all that I have
99. Our life is FAR from picture perfect, trust me
100. We tend to put the fun in dysfunctional

Well folks, there you have it. 100 things about us! Write your own random list and leave me a comment with a link to your post!

Happy Wednesday:) Oh and don't forget to enter to win!
Photobucket

8 comments:

Lant Family September 29, 2010 at 3:53 PM  

HOw did you come up with that many things? I am sure I would come up with the most stupid things. Jackson is a sweet boy--or seems to be :) and being a mom is fun. I agree with being closer to your mom when you become a mom. I will never know how my mom had 7!

Carmen's Texas Life September 29, 2010 at 5:56 PM  

Hi, I'm a new follower and love the blog! I thought it would be fun to do the 100 things too. Here is my site,

http://carmen9990.blogspot.com/2010/09/100-things.html

Jamie September 29, 2010 at 6:29 PM  

you crack me up! the "pooo" sound- omg! i really did laugh out loud!

Amy September 30, 2010 at 1:16 PM  

I have the worst potty mouth too, swore it's going to be his too, and oh man do i love me some lists making, lol!

Totally agree about working on the marriage thing. Add a kid and it's work :)

Heather October 1, 2010 at 10:27 AM  

I think #'s 6 and 75 are my favorite!

Jennifer October 1, 2010 at 9:30 PM  

What a fun list! I was cracking up at alot of them. I, too, have never gone a day without nail polish on my toes..LOL! And I would never picture you to curse like a sailor :)

L October 2, 2010 at 12:21 AM  

Loved your list! My favorite was 55:) and 85! Wow that is a lot of football! This is my first year at LSU and their games are so fun, I'm sure you guys had a blast at all of them! I played along too but man it took me forever to come up with 100, ha!

Tim and Heather October 2, 2010 at 9:33 PM  

I'M glad your sister and her family don't live closer to you... didn't know you smoked... glad you made that list :)

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails