Search This Blog

The Woodlands - to NOLA - and back

>> Monday, September 13, 2010

Talk about a road trippin' kind of weekend! 762 miles, three days, two cities, a Dave Matthews Band concert, a Tulane football game, and all fun that goes along with it. It was like Mr. and I were in college or something! Whew, I'm exhausted again from just typing that:)

Back in February, a girlfriend and I convinced our husbands to take us to the Dave Matthews Band concert in The Woodlands. It was going to be a nice, relaxing weekend away. Well, in the meantime my friend got pregnant and my parents planned a trip to for one of my brother's football games.

As our luck would have it, the concert was Friday night in The Woodlands and the game was Saturday night in New Orleans. So the plans for our nice, relaxing, couples weekend quickly changed. In fact, it was no longer a couples trip or a weekend in Houston at all. Nicole was too pregnant to travel per her doctor's orders, so it was me and the boys for just the night!

We left town Friday afternoon and made it to The Woodlands in just enough time to grab some dinner and a couple of drinks before the show. It was my first trip to The Woodlands area and I must say that I'm in love. Everything was amazing. The only thing I would have changed was the heat and humidity. By the end of the night my hair was curly, and I have bone straight hair!

The guys woke up at the crack of dawn Saturday morning for GameDay. So much for catching up on my sleep:) By 9am we were back in the car and heading East.

Mr. and I were literally home long enough to run through the shower, get our Tulane green on and switch out clothes for Sunday. I'm pretty sure that I've never gotten ready that fast. I was so excited to get to my parents to see Jackson!

When we got to my parents, it was like a Chinese fire drill as we switched out cars and headed to NOLA. Jackson was excited to see us, I think he turned into a full blown toddler overnight. He did awesome in the car, and was such a trooper at the game. Normally Jackson goes to bed at 7:30 and the game didn't even kick off until 8. It was a late night, but so much fun. It's crazy to think that by the time my brother graduates from Tulane, my little man will be in kindergarten!

After the game we went back to our hotel and crashed. Mr. and I didn't even mess with a pack and play. Jackson slept between us and we were one happy, sleepy family:)

Sunday was another whirlwind day. We got up and showered before we went to my brother's dorm to say bye. Jackson was quite a hit on campus with the college girls. Then we went out to a yummy brunch and came back home.

I'd like to say it was home sweet home, but instead, we hit the ground running. Between the grocery shopping, unpacking, laundry, cleaning... we have a busy week ahead of us in preparation for our trip to St. Louis!




it is good to have an end to journey towards, but it is the journey that matters in the end.
-Ursula K. Le Guin
Photobucket

5 comments:

KJJ Houston September 13, 2010 at 2:41 PM  

Oh man wish I would have known you were going to DMB! I was there :) What section where yall?

We were 109 Row N I think

Sippy Cup Mom September 13, 2010 at 3:42 PM  

Sounds like fun! Love that picture of him! Any big plans in St.Louis? Or just catching up with family? Sounds like the weather will be awesome!

Lindsey B September 13, 2010 at 4:26 PM  

I love concerts up in The Woodlands! And, I would so live up there if I had the patience for a 45-50 mile commute (one way) every day!

Glad y'all had a good weekend!!

Jennifer September 14, 2010 at 8:45 AM  

Geez, I am tired just from reading that post..LOL! Sometimes those crazy weekends are the most fun. Looks like Jackson was having a great time at the game...I guess you know already he is going to be a sports fan :)

Jennifer September 14, 2010 at 8:45 AM  

Geez, I am tired just from reading that post..LOL! Sometimes those crazy weekends are the most fun. Looks like Jackson was having a great time at the game...I guess you know already he is going to be a sports fan :)

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails