Search This Blog

Jackson at 15 months

>> Thursday, September 9, 2010

How is it possible that my baby is already a quarter of the way through his second year of life?!?

At 15 months Jackson is still nursing 2-3 times a day. I'm in the process of dumping my pump session. Once we get back from St. Louis I plan on only nursing Jackson in the morning and before bed... which means that we'll be introducing cow's milk in the near future.

My goal is to nurse Jackson until 18 months, but I'm not sure if we'll make it that far. I always thought I'd wean him when he got to the point that he'd "ask" for boob. And, well he has figured out how to unsnap my nursing tank, so I think we're getting close.

Jackson is a very busy boy. All joking aside, I'm pretty sure he shows signs of being ADD. Just take a look at this video and you'll see what I mean. He's all over the place!

All 4 of his 12 month molars have cut, and he has a mouth full of teeth. Jackson definitely looks more like a toddler than a baby now. This is very bittersweet. Luckily for me, he still loves to cuddle at night. There's nothing sweeter than his hugs and kisses. I love to interact with him and watch him explore the world around him.

He eats just about anything you put in front of him. Jackson absolutely LOVES watermelon though, he gets giddy about it:)

I've accepted the fact that Jackson may never be a great sleeper. Instead of complaining, I've learned to enjoy the late night snuggles. Jackson has also developed a love for his blanket in the past week. It's strange. He stands at his crib and cries for it when he's tired. Since day one I've only given him this blanket when it's time to sleep... hoping that he'd associate nap and bedtime with his blanket. After 15 months, I think it's finally worked!
Jackson still doesn't say too much, but babbles all of the time. His words are: Dada, Momma, Woof, Hot, and Vroom.

His other new trick is to suck on his toes in his car seat. He thinks it is the funniest thing to do, second to sneezing.

Lastly, Jackson weighs 27 pounds. He wears 18-24 month clothes. He's still short. And his shoe size is a 6, triple wide. Yes, mommas there is another post coming on finding shoes for this kid!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Courtney September 16, 2010 at 1:29 PM  

Berkley & Jackson are SO similar! It's great to know that there's another mommma out there "suffering" through having a little boy who doesn't ever stop moving!

Jennifer September 17, 2010 at 7:57 AM  

This is such a hard phase...but I promise it does get a little easier. I have to remind myself of that too..LOL! Bewteen the teething, the not sleeping because of the teething and the fact that they don't sit still....it can drive you to drink :) Just try to enjoy it as much as possible because they will be big before you know it.

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails