Search This Blog

My 28th birthday weekend

>> Thursday, September 2, 2010

I love to celebrate birthdays. Not just my birthday, everyone's birthday. It's the one day out of the whole year that you can claim as yours. And I believe we all deserve a day {or a week, or a weekend} for just that:)

Since I was going to be in New Orleans with Drew Brees on my actual birthday, Mr. spoiled me all weekend! I got a manicure and pedicure after work on Friday. Mr. came home with flowers. And my boys took me out for Mexican {my favorite} on Friday Family Date Night. They even surprised me with a new watch. It's perfect for the Fall!

Then on Saturday night, Mr. took just me out to dinner. It's been too long since we've been able to go out on a Saturday night! We had an amazing time, good wine and lots of laughs:)

Sunday was pretty laid back. Mr. had my oil changed and put new tires on my car. Jackson and I played in the pool for a couple of hours and my mom cooked a little birthday dinner for me.

I was sad to leave for New Orleans Sunday night, Jackson was in an awesome mood. Mr. stayed at my mom's and got some work done while Loli & Pop entertained Jackson. Some how Jackson managed to get into dog poop, with three adults supervising. I was totally disgusted when I called to check on my boys and Mr. told me everything was shitty, literally. Boys will be boys, right?!? Gross, I just threw-up in my mouth thinking about it.

My actual birthday seems like a blur. My insomnia and nerves got the best of me on Sunday night. So my 4:30am wake up call just plain sucked. We were at the Saints practice facility ready to shoot by 6:00am and out the door at 8. I normally don't even leave my house until 8:20 to go to work!

The office had a yummy chocolate and strawberry cake waiting for me when I got back. It was delicious! I even got a nice spa gift card {and another one from my mother in law}, so I think a day at the spa is in my very near future:)

It's hard to believe that I met Mr. just days before my 22nd birthday. Thinking back, I was such a baby! And on Monday I celebrated my 28th birthday as his wife and the mother of his son. I always wished that this would be my life. I couldn't be happier that my dream came true. As a matter of fact, I had a hard time thinking of what more I could wish for as I blew out my candles.

Don't get me wrong, my life is not perfect. I'm certainly not claiming to be God's gift or anything. I remember years of wishing Mr. would ask me to marry him. Then I wished, prayed, and begged to become a Momma. And last year, I wished to reconnect with my Mr. The adjustment to parenthood was one that wasn't easy on our marriage.

This year it felt selfish to wish for anything more than I have. I wished for God to continue to watch over and bless our families. For my sister to have a healthy baby. And for my Grandma to watch over us and be proud of who we continue to grow to be.

Jackson & Momma {28}
Jackson & Momma {27}

Cheerfulness and contentment are great beautifiers and are famous preservers of youthful looks. - Charles Dickens

Photobucket

5 comments:

Jamie September 2, 2010 at 8:32 PM  

what a great birthday! love your watch and your sweet thoughts on your birthday wishes.

Meet the Brummett's September 2, 2010 at 9:46 PM  

Aw, sounds like a perfect way to celebrate your b-day and the wonderful life that God has blessed you with! I wish we could have been there to celebrate with you, but soon enough we can crack open a bottle of wine! Love you bunches and bunches :)

Jennifer September 3, 2010 at 9:15 AM  

It is so nice to hear that you had a great weekend. I am laughing at the fact that there were 3 adults supervising one kid and that he managed to get into dog crap!! If it was my kid though, I am sure I would not be laughing..LOL!

Megan September 3, 2010 at 7:37 PM  

Ah! We're almost birthday buddies! Happy Birthday to you!!!

Sippy Cup Mom September 7, 2010 at 9:34 AM  

Happy (belated) Birthday!! Sounds like a fantastic weekend and I love the picture of you two!

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails