Search This Blog

Working Mom Wednesday: My birthday with Drew Brees

>> Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Because of the nature of my job I have the opportunity to work with some pretty talented people. One client in particular has given me the chance to meet and work with Les Miles, Chris Paul, and most recently Drew Brees. I'm not one to get star struck, but I have to say that meeting Drew was pretty neat. He was super cute, and had an awesome personality. You could tell that he is a pretty cool guy. And I may or may not have a little crush on him {hi Mr.} :)

Working with "high profile" talent comes with a lot work behind the scenes to make it all happen. Late nights, early mornings and yet another night away from my boys. Our scheduled time with Drew was at 6:30AM on Monday, so we headed to NOLA Sunday night. Thankfully, this night away went a little smoother than my experience with CP3. I had to painfully pour about 12 oz. of milk down the drain, but I didn't get engorged or have to worry about keeping my milk cold while on set.

The shoot was a success and I'm confident that the client will be happy with the finished product. We were done by 8AM, which is earlier than I normally leave my house to go to work! So I was able to ran by Tulane and visit with my brother before making the trip back home to my boys.

I was totally exhausted when I got home, which isn't exactly easy to be with a 15 month old. However, I got my second wind and was so happy to be home. I always say that walking out the door to go to work is one of the hardest parts of my day. But, walking back in to see my sweet little man light up is one of the best parts of my day.

Monday was no different, except that I walked back in the door another year older than I was the night before. Starting my 28th year off with Drew Brees wasn't exactly a bad way to start. I just wish I would have gotten a birthday photo op with him. Instead, I got these {and a wake up call to stop with the daily ice cream}!



More on my birthday weekend coming up:)
Photobucket

9 comments:

KJJ Houston September 1, 2010 at 12:58 PM  

Happy Birthday!!! He is from my hometown and went to school - but he was older :)

Kelly September 1, 2010 at 2:05 PM  

LUCKY!!! He is a hottie and a wonderful man!!!!


hope you had a great birthday =)

Kelly September 1, 2010 at 2:07 PM  

PS you have a COOL Job =)

Amy September 1, 2010 at 2:36 PM  

Happy BIRTHDAY, momma!!!

Susan DiMickele September 1, 2010 at 8:51 PM  

Wow, how fun and happy birthday. I can definitely relate to the late nights away and demands of the job, but it all works out in the end. You go girl!

Jennifer September 1, 2010 at 10:01 PM  

Happy, happy birthday :) Hope you have a great weekend. Everytime I hear your stories about work, it makes me miss it. What exactly do you do?

Julia Ladewski September 1, 2010 at 10:04 PM  

you lucky dog, you!!!! happy birthday... what an awesome gig you got!! ;)

Ashley September 2, 2010 at 10:34 AM  

Ummmm you look GREAT as usual, keep up the ice cream! :)

XOXO

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails