Search This Blog

Class of 2000 Reunion

>> Tuesday, October 5, 2010

It feels like just yesterday we were just partying like it was 1999. Hard to imagine that 10 years have gone by since I graduated from high school. I guess time flies when you're having fun...or going to college, getting married, and starting a family!

When Stephanie and I found out the date of our reunion we instantly decided to go up to St. Louis for the week together. We've been best friends since the third grade and graduated from high school together. After graduation, her parents moved to Dallas. I went off to college at Drake University and Stephanie went on to MIZZOU.

Long story short, MIZZOU and Stephanie didn't really work out and her parents were no longer in our hometown. She moved into my old room at my parent's house and lived there until my mom moved to Louisiana and she moved to Dallas. Drake was 6 hours away and I was a cheerleader, which meant I didn't get to come home much. Basically Stephanie and I had not been together in St. Louis since our graduation.

If you've ever been or lived in St. Louis, I hope that you share the same love for the city as we do. The thought of being able to take our kids to the Zoo, the Magic House and Rombach's Pumpkin Patch was enough to get us through our 12 hour drive.  That and being able to catch up with our old friends and meet everyone's kids:)

So the week before the reunion we met up in St. Louis and literally took over my 5 month pregnant sister's house.  I seriously don't know how I'll repay my sister and her husband, maybe they'll let us take Amelia for a night when we're all in the Caribbean next summer;) Stephanie had her twin princesses with her and I had Mr., Jackson, and our rockstar nanny.  It was a full house!

We were able to get all of the things on our list done.  I ate at all the restaurants I'd been craving, shopped at all the shops I've been missing.  I took flowers to my grandma & grandpa's grave site.  I also got to take Jackson to spend some time with my Grandpa and my Dad.  Mr. and I were even able to sneak away for a little date night on the Hill.

The actual reunion weekend was a blast.  It was great to catch up with everyone in person, which was really fun and brought back a lot of memories! I can't wait to do it again in another 10 years:)

Great-grandpa & Jackson
The kiddos feeding the fish at the Boat House
A trip to the Magic House isn't complete without the Static Ball:)
Brave Jackson at the Magic House
Jackson splashing away!
Landrie & Ella playing so nicely, compared to Action Jackson soaking everyone!
Me, Stephanie & our children at our high school football game
Our kids were determined to not let us get a picture of the three of them!
10 years later!
Photobucket

8 comments:

Sippy Cup Mom October 5, 2010 at 4:08 PM  

Love the pictures! What an awesome friendship! Glad you had a great time! ;-)

Lant Family October 5, 2010 at 5:09 PM  

I love st. louis! I can't believe how fast time goes by either. It seems like just last year I was in high school. How fun that you and Stephanie were able to get together and have fun with your kids. There are so many fun things to do as a family in st. louis!

the tichenor family October 5, 2010 at 5:55 PM  

LOVE the static picture, too cute!!

Unknown October 5, 2010 at 6:41 PM  

I love the new header picture! Looks like y'all had a great time!!

A well dezigned life. October 5, 2010 at 9:16 PM  

Love your blog! You have a beautiful family! I live in Missouri and use to live in St. Louis! Therefore I love reading your blog even more because of all the STL shout outs! Go Tigers! Looks like you had a wonderful trip back to the STL! Keep posting wonderful posts that make me laugh and smile!
Thanks,
Casey

Megan October 5, 2010 at 9:33 PM  

So cute! Oy, my reunion is next year. Is that possible? Why does time have to fly by so fast?!?

Amber October 6, 2010 at 8:09 AM  

HA! Love the static ball pic! :)

Jennifer October 6, 2010 at 8:34 AM  

First off....so great that you and your best friend were able to get together. It seems like you all had a blast. It is so nice to see all of your old friends again at your reunion. How sad for me, no one responded to my 10 year...so it was cancelled! Guess no really wanted to catch up just yet..LOL! Great pic of Jackson and your Grandpa :)

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails